Chapter 9: Traitor

"Janja, where have you been last night?" Jasiri asked when she woke up, noticing that her friend was sitting next to her. "Nothing, really. I just went on a little walk, nothing more." Janja answered. "Little walk? You didn't return for hours. I do not call that a little walk." Jasiri said. Janja wanted to say something in defense, but wasn't able to do so. "Vitani, what are you doing here?" Jasiri asked surprised. "I want to talk with you." she said. "Alone." she added as she gave Janja a death glare. "Okay, sure." Jasiri reacted. The two walked away.

"Can you tell me what Janja has been doing the past few nights, Jasiri?" Vitani asked. "Actually, I can't. He always told me he has just been walking, but I do not believe it." Jasiri said. "Unfortunately I do know, Jasiri." "Oh, what did he do than?" "Last night I helped Kiara in a fight against Makucha." Vitani began. "And what does that have to do with Janja?" Jasiri asked. "I found out about Makucha his plan to attack Kiara, because Janja isn't the most careful one when he is in the Pridelands. Tazama spotted him, she followed him. Makucha was waiting for Janja in the Backlands. Tazama eavesdropped their conversation. Makucha and Janja are trying to kill Kovu and Kiara, and possibly Kion and Rani too." Jasiri looked at Vitani, shocked from what she just told her. After a few seconds Jasiri turned around and walked away. "Jasiri..." Vitani said. "Just leave me alone!" she shouted back.

"Jasiri, you're back!" Janja said. Jasiri said nothing as she walked closer to Janja. "Is there something wrong?" Janja asked. Jasiri stayed silent. "I don't know why you are not saying anything, but you can tell me so I can help." "Why did you do it, Janja? I thought I could trust you." Jasiri finally spoke. "What are you talking about? What did I do?" "You know damn well what you did, Janja! Don't act as if you are innocent! Why were you away last few night?!" "I already told you, I went on a walk." "Do not lie to me, Janja!" Jasiri was furiated, as she started screaming at him even louder. "Okay, you got me. I'll tell you." Janja stayed silent for a few seconds, and then he mumbled. "I was visiting Makucha in the Backlands." Becuase of the mumbeling Jasiri didn't understand it. "Louder. So I can hear it." "I visited Makucha in the Backlands." Janja repeated. Jasiri mumbled to herself. "So Vitani was right." Jasiri walked even closer to Janja. She stopped when she was only a few inches away from him. Then she punched him right in the face. "Get out! Right now! I never want to see you again!" Jasiri screamed even louder than what she did before.

Janja was making it look like he was going to walk away, when he suddenly turned to try and attack Jasiri, but before he was able to reach her, someone ran into his side. "Need some help, Jasiri?"Vitani asked while she had Janja pinned down. Janja was trying to push Vitani off of him, but with no luck. "Vitani, thank you so much for coming. I can really use the help." After a few seconds Vitani stepped off of Janja. "As long as I'm around you are not welcome in the Pridelands, or the Outlands!" Clouds appeared in the sky. Vitani used the roar on Janja.

"Kion. There is someone with a message for you." Ullu said. "Oh, really. Bring him to me so I can talk with him." Ullu led Kion to the mountain pass, where Zazu was waiting for him. "Zazu, what are you doing here?" "Your sister sent me with an important message. Vitani found out that Janja has been meeting up with Makucha since a few days." "Janja has been doing what?!" Kion said. "Janja poisoned Kovu, so he would get sick, which would make Kiara come back to the Pridelands. While she was on her way to the Pridelands, Makucha attacked her." Zazu explained. "Was Kiara attacked? Is she alright?" Kion asked. "Kiara did get home safe. Vitani knew about the attack, so she was able to save her." Kion sighed. "Thank the great kings of the past." "Vitani also found out that Makucha and Janja might be coming for you now." "Thank you so much for letting me know, Zazu. I'll have the Night Pride stay on alert for them."

Simba was walking when he saw Kion and Zazu talking

Simba was walking when he saw Kion and Zazu talking. "Zazu, what are you doing here?" he asked as he ran over towards them. "Simba, great to see you. How are you doing?" Zazu asked. "I'm doing great actually. How are you doing." Simba said. "I'm not doing bad either. But there are some problems in the Pridelands right now, which involves the Tree Of Life too. I have to go back now, but I have told Kion about the situation. He should be able to tell you." "Okay, thanks Zazu. Stay safe, okay." Simba said. "Of course Simba. Stay safe too." Simba gave a short reaction. "I will." Zazu turned around and flew away. "Bye Zazu!" both Kion and Simba said. "Bye Kion, bye Simba!" the majordomo said back.

Janja landed in the Backlands. He saw Makucha a few meters away, glaring at him. "What brings you here Janja. I hope you didn't get followed, like you did last time." "I didn't get followed!" Janja said in defense. "You did. How would Vitani otherwise know that I was planning on killing Kiara, when she would come back from the Tree of Life." "I- I don't know." Janja stuttered. Makucha got closer to Janja, as he unsheated his claws, and slapped Janja on the side of his face, scratching him in the process.