"I Fucked Up"

A few days later. At Home. 

I was sitting on my bed when Lola walked inside

Lola "Flavia"

Me "hey, Lola, what's up?"

Lola sighed "i wanted to talk to you about Nate but then i remembered that you and him were dating once and-"

I shook my head "go ahead. what did he do now?"

Lola "i just found  out that the new investor in The Spectator is Diana Payne. Nate's ex-girlfriend. He totally lied to me about her. I don't know what to do, i really like him"

Me "i'm glad you came to me. I know exactly what you're gonna do now"

In a lingerie clothing shop. 

I handed Tracy a lingerie dress "thank you, Tracy. It's perfect"

Tracy smiled "great. We're excited you'll be modeling "The Flavia.". Browse, if you see anything you like, let me know. "

I smiled "thank you"

Then i walked to Lola. 

Lola "you think i am overreacting about Nate,  i mean--that looked amazing on you"

I smiled "thank you. Look, Nate is a great guy, but Diana is aggressive. I don't know why she's back, but it's safe to say it has something to do with him. "

Lola "i'm not interested in competing with someone"

Me "it's not about competing. Even if there was no Diana your not wanting to be a part of his world is not a good idea. He's your- your boyfriend, part of a relationship is sharing interests. "

Lola "i do. Everything but parties and the Upper East Side social order. "

Me "like it or not, that's a big part of his life and work. If you don't start meeting halfway, you leave room fro someone who will. Like Diana"

Lola sighed "so, what do i do?"

I grabbed a black lace lingerie dress from the rack and handed it to her "try this on"

Lola smiled "it's gorgeous, but i couldn't. Wow. Because it costs more than a semester at Julliard"

I shook my head "not for us, it doesn't. You herd Tracy. She said it's on them. Come on. It's one of the many perks of being an "It Girl.". go on"

She smiled, grabbed it and walked into the try on cabin. 

I waited a couple of minutes before pulling down the lever of the firealarm. 

Then i opened the doors of the cabin and grabbed her clothes "come on, we need to leave"

I walked out with her stuff, smiling.