1.39 On Top

A few days later. home.

I walked downstairs in my pjs and into the kitchen

Mom was sitting there eating breakfast.

I smiled "mom, hey!"

she put her glass down and smiled at me "good morning, Flavia"

I sat down next to her "how was it?"

Mom "it was amazing. Why aren't you at school? Serena and Chuck have already left"

i sighed "It's-I don't feel well"

She shot me a look.

Me "Mom"

She stood up "I have to go to a meeting. i think that the reason you don't want to go to school just walked inside"

I raised an eyebrow and she smiled at something.

Nate walked inside.

i grabbed a glass of orange juice and walked into my bedroom, ignoring Nate who followed me inside.

Then i turned to him and crossed my arms over my chest.

Nate took a deep breath "okay, what is it?"

Me "you should be at school."

Nate shook his head "you crash the party and you tell me to break it off with Catherine and then you pull an 180 and you tell me to stay with her and then you just bolt. Did i do something, or-what happened?"

I shook my head "I'm in no position to want something from you like that, Nate"

Nate asked irritated "so, we're not even friends now?"

How much i hate that word.

I took a deep breath "you and i both know that we could never be just friends"

Then i walked past him out of the room and into the kitchen.

I downed my orange juice.

Nate walked into the main room, irritated "are you serious? what happened, Fla? what did Catherine say?"

I shook my head and put my glass down "Listen, Nate, Catherine didn't have to say anything, okay? If you think it's healthy sleeping with her then do it. But i can't tell you what to do"

Nate looked at me confused "where the hell is the Flavia i know?"

Me "standing in front of you, Nate"

He scoffed "oh please"

Me "Just go to school , Nate"

He raised an eyebrow and scoffed again.

i shook my head " I won't say it again"

Then he walked out.

My phone buzzed and i looked at it.