"I Want You, Carter"

A few days later. At Chuck's. 

I walked into his apartment and saw Serena and Chuck sitting there

Me "Chuck, you called"

Serena asked him shocked "You called my sister?"

Chuck nodded "of course i did"

I walked over to them and sat down next to Chuck "Why did you ask Chuck for a place to stay? Besides, should't you be on your way to Brown already?"

Serena sighed "i was packing and talking to Blair about her classes, and then it hit me. I wasn't excited about any of it. I don't know what i wanna do yet. And going off to a new place to figure that out? i--i do't know, i'm just -i'm no ready for that. "

Chuck sighed "Look, sis, for people like us, a college degree is just an accessory. Like a Malawi baby or a poodle"

Serena "an accessory my mother really wants me to have"

She pulled her laptop out. 

Me "so you wanna hide out at the Bass cave till you figure it out"

Serena "Yeah, if that's okay with you. Nobody knows about this, not even Blair. Blair would be even more upset than my mother"

Chuck looked at me.

I asked confused "what?"

Chuck "i couldn't help but notice you and Carter Baizen at the Vanderbilt polo party. "

I raised an eyebrow "so what?"

Chuck "you guys a thing now?"

I shook my head "no, i haven't even seen him since"

Chuck nodded and looked at Serena  "good. one favor. I'm having a meeting here so if you can clear out for a few hours. "

She nodded but then her phone rang. 

Then she looked at it and then looked back to us "I have to go. It's important. Thanks , Chuck"

He nodded and she left.