"Relationship Problems"

A few days later. At home. Night. 

Gabriel and i were in bed together. We didn't leave the bed for a few days now. 

Me "So your family's the tobacco industry, right?"

He nodded "yeah, but i don't want anything to do with it"

I asked confused "why?"

He shrugged "because i wanna do my own thing, be independent. They were grooming me to take over but i had to do something positive. So i started researching technologies and found a company that wants to provide wireless access to the developing world. I've been backing them. It sounds like such a good thing, but to my family it is a betrayal. "

I nodded "trust me, i've got years of experience at disappointing the family"

He chuckled "i can't believe that"

I nodded "It's true."

Gabriel "how did you disappoint them?"

Me "By starting in the model industry. My mom didn't want that at first. she wanted me to good girl and go to school-to college"

Gabriel "she doesn't believe in you?"

i nodded "She does but it still hurts when she say things like "You're not gonna be a model forever" and .... i don't know. She supports me but there are times were she just wants me to start thinking about a real career"

He nodded. 

Me "My mom is hosting a co-op meeting tomorrow and it'll be an hour-long battle over lobby renovations followed by cocktails. You wanna come and keep me company?"

He smirked "i'd be honored"

Suddenly his phone rang. He leaned over to the night stand and grabbed it. 

He sighed. 

Me "what is it?"

Gabriel "i'd love to stay but i can't."

I sighed "work?"

He nodded "Yes"

I drove a hand through my hair and sighed.

Gabriel "i don't wanna leave you, believe me, i don't but i have to"

I nodded "yeah,i know how stupid work can be"

He chuckled ,grabbed my chin and kissed me. 

Next day. Morning. 

I was sitting on the edge of my bed, putting my shoes on while talking to Blair over my phone speaker

Me "Why the hell did you wake with a video of Gabriel and Poppy making out last night?"

Blair "Because you have to dump him. We caught that redneck red-handed"

I rolled my eyes "Well, i'm not thrilled, okay? but i'm gonna get to the bottom of this. Besides, why can't you just worry about your own relationship problems? hm? and stay out of mine"