Disappointment

A few days later. Morning. 

I walked into the kitchen and heard Serena talking

Serena "mom, i have decided not to go to Brown"

Rufus put his fingers on his forehead and put that "why are you making my life so hard "look on his face. 

Rufus "Oh, Serena."

Serena "please know that i have put a lot of thoughts into this-"

She shot him an confused look. 

Rufus asked confused "what is it?"

Serena "I'm sorry. She would do the forehead thing for a second. Then she would look to the side and do little head shakes"

Me "Okay, what is going on here?"

Rufus "your sister is getting ready to tell your mom about Brown. don't you wanna practice too?"

 I shook my head "not really. I'm already disappointing enough to my mom so i think me not going to Princeton is definitely not going to surprise her"

Serena nodded "Well, i think one of us should try to not be an disappointment."

Me "Good luck with that, sis"

She sighed " I'm just nervous about her coming back tomorrow"

I looked at Rufus "and when are you going to tell her about the Scott drama?"

Rufus "After she digests that her daughter's are not going to college. It's a lot to hit her with right away"

I smirked at him "Still scared"

Then i looked around and my jaw dropped "Mom"

Rufus put his hands on his forehead "yes, dear"

I rolled my eyes and walked to my mom who just walked in "You're here"

Mom "Flavia, Serena!"

Serena and i hugged her. 

Rufus "Lily"