The Witcher

TEMERIA - 1271

It was almost a midnight

It was almost a midnight. Geralt was laying on the grass. He was alone and trying to meditate but he somehow couldn't focus on that. He heard how Roach made some noise but he didn't care about it.
A couple more minutes later he heard another noise. This time it wasn't Roach. He slowly straightened himself and stood up. With his cat eyes, the ability which he got after the Trial of Grasses, he could see in the dark. His medallion started shaking. Geralt was sure there is something behind the tree. He knew that stay in the forest at night was dangerous but he didn't have a choice, he couldn't travel the whole day. Geralt was waiting, he already knew it was a monster. He could also tell it by hers smell. He slowly took his silver sword from the grass. After couple of seconds the monster showed up herself and Geralt finally saw her. It was a Vlkodlak. This monster was clever, fast and also almost two meters high wolf whom could kill Geralt with one exact blow.
Geralt knew it would be good to use some elixir before the fight but right now, it was too late. Vlkodlak stopped walking because he spotted Geralt. It was obvious the monster was a little bit surprised that he found him, because ordinary people doesn't go to the forest at all, not to mention at night. Geralt was a Witcher, the professional killer of the monsters but the monster didn't know that. Vlkodlak has only met villagers before whom he has killed very easily. But the monster also didn't know that this could be her last night on this world.
Geralt didn't want to wait anymore, he wanted to use his little advantage. He took a deep breath and then he started running towards the monster. He surprised the beast with his fast attack on his neck but Vlkodlak was faster as Geralt's sword and he just easily jumped away from the deadly silver. Then the beast attacked first.

The fight was long. Geralt started feeling more tired. His reflexes started to be slower but he was not ready to die today. He was feeling how his adrenaline was working on hundred percent as his anger. Vlkodlak jumped on the witcher but Geralt managed to jump away, but at this moment he felt how the beast's claws hit his back. Suddenly he felt horrible pain and sighed painfully. Then he took all his power to turned around, he jumped closer to Vlkodlak and he finally hit his neck. The monster made a painful scream and fell down dead to the ground.
Geralt was glad it's over. It was very strong and difficult fight. The adrenaline started slowly disappearing and he started feeling the pain on his back more than before.
"Fuck. These wounds will heal for weeks.." he sighed. He started looking for Roach but he couldn't see him anywhere.
"I should rather find him before I'll get the infection." he said for himself.
After couple more minutes later, Geralt finally found Roach hiding behind the trees. He packed all his things, he took Vlkodlak's head, maybe he will get some coins for his head later and then he continued on his road to find some place where he could heal his wounds in peace.

FOXHOLE - Temeria

Foxhole was an Inn near the town Wyzima. It was very famous place because of Gwent - game with cards. Lot of people came here to play game with the best Gwent players from the whole continent. Geralt entered inside the inn. He was travelling at least two hours and he was feeling a strong pain in his whole body. Normal human would be already dead but his organism was behaving differently. He could slowdown the infection because of mutations. He knew it wasn't very good idea to stay here. He hated places like this. Everywhere was a lot of people and everybody was already judging him. But he really didn't have any choice, he had to stop here if he wanted to survive.
'The Butcher of Blaviken', this was his new nickname which he got after the massacre in Blaviken. People again misunderstood the whole situation, he just wanted to save the town. He always wants the lesser evil. But unfortunately, the evil is always the same. It doesn't matter if he wants to help or save people, in their eyes he will always be the mutant.