Pain

RINDE - Redania

The teleport opened and Yennefer landed in her room. Her eyes were still swollen after the crying. She didn't want to believe what just happened. She wished it was just a nightmare but deep in her heart she knew that everything really happened. She's never felt so heartbroken in her life. It's true she has never cared about someone as she cared about him but still she didn't understand why he did this to her. Why he told her these things. The child was the most important thing for her and he said she can't have it. He caused her pain with his words and the worst thing was that he didn't love her. He's never felt it in the way as she..
"Yennefer..?" well known voice interrupted her from her thoughts.
She looked at him sadly. Jaskier was laying in her bed with some woman. It was clear she interrupted them in the action.
"You came back early.. I didn't expect you here now.." Jaskier was clearly embarrassed and he was trying to cover himself and the woman with blanket.
"Change of plan." she said with pain in her voice and without a look on them she left from the room. She didn't care about them. Right now she didn't care about anything.
Jaskier was confused. This wasn't Yennefer as he knew. Yennefer as he knew would immediately shouted on him, send him to the hell, maybe even threw out from the window on the first moment, if she would found him in her bed, not to mention that he was with woman.
Something had to happen between her and Geralt. Something serious. Only Geralt could made her mood like this, no one else didn't know it. No else didn't understand her like he does.

She went towards her table and she sat down on the chair. She started playing with the comb on the table. She suddenly heard soft knock on the door.
"Can I come in?" Jaskier asked her carefully. She didn't say anything.
"Look, I'm sorry.. I didn't want to bring here anyone.. it's just happened somehow. But it'll never happen again.. I promise." he was trying to explain this to her.
"Alright." she said without emotions.
"You're not angry?" he asked her confused.
"No." she stood up and she went towards cupboard.
"Yennefer... where is Geralt? If I may ask.." Jaskier didn't know if it was a good idea to ask her this.
"We took a break.. on forever." she started packing her things. She wanted to leave from this house, this stupid town. She wanted to forget on everything, even on him. Maybe it will be impossible but at least she wanted to try it.
Jaskier looked at her sadly. What will Geralt do without her? He knew that Geralt couldn't just leave her, she meant everything for him. He thought.
"I'm sorry.." Jaskier lowered his head.
"You don't have to.. we shouldn't have ever met.." she was upset. Jaskier didn't say anything on this because deep in his heart he knew that she was hurt and she didn't mean it like it.
"Where you wanna go?" Jaskier was watching how she was packing all her things.
"I don't know yet.. but first, I'll go home." she looked at him. She took a deep breath.
"Jaskier if you'll meet him again, please tell him that I don't want to ever see him again. Thank you." it was hard for her to said these words. Then she continued.
"You can stay in this house if you want to but now leave.. I want to be alone." she didn't look at him.
Jaskier looked at her sadly and without any word he left.

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

"Hey, is someone there?" Lambert asked him while they were sitting to the table in the main hall. Geralt didn't answered. He was just staring in front of him.
"Do you realize that you didn't even move from this table since she left? And why she left anyway?" he raised his eyebrow and he crossed his arms "Geraalt?! Are you doing this in purpose?!" Lambert started to be impatient.
"Leave him be Lambert, he needs some time.." Eskel told him honestly. Lambert frowned. Geralt came back to the mind.
"What were you saying Lambert?" he didn't care about his words before.
"This is waste of time." Lambert sighed.
"Boys can you give us some time alone please." Vesemir asked them when he came back from the kitchen.
"Sure." Eskel and Lambert nodded and they left. They respected Vesemir. He was the oldest witcher and the most clever from them.
Vesemir sat down to the table and he looked at Geralt.
"Tell me what happened.. you will feel better then." Vesemir told him honestly. He's never seen Geralt in this way. Geralt raised his head, he was still feeling the horrible pain in his heart. He wanted to wake up from this bad dream but he couldn't. It was cruel reality.

"I don't know... everything happened so quickly." Geralt sighed.
"What did you tell her?" Vesemir said calmly. He didn't want to distress him.
"I wanted to stop her.. I couldn't looking at her anymore how she was destroying herself. She wants to be the mother but she can't be. She never will be.." Geralt lowered his head.
"I didn't know she wants to be a mother. I saw that's something is making her sad but I thought it was something different, not this." Vesemir was surprised.
"We were arguing. I wanted to convince her to stop her research but she started to be irritated and then she asked me..." Geralt sighed and he looked away.
"What she asked you Geralt?" Vesemir was patient, he knew, what was Geralt going through. Geralt looked at him. He knew, that he can trust Vesemir. He was like a father for him. But still he was ashamed to tell him this.
"She asked me if I love her.." Geralt lowered his eyes.
"And you? What did you tell her?" Vesemir already knew it but he wanted to hear it from him.
"I love her.. but I couldn't tell her... I couldn't... I didn't know how.." Geralt punch into table with his fist and he put his head in his palms. He was very upset and disappointed at the same time.
"It's okay Geralt.. let your pain get out from you." Vesemir understood him.
"I don't know what is happening with me.." Geralt looked at him with pain in his eyes.
"You're in love with her. That's why is hard for you that she left.." Vesemir was trying to make him understand that.
"But my emotions.." Geralt didn't want to believe this.
"Yes, they took them from us. But it doesn't mean we don't have them. Sometimes is our heart stronger than some trail.." Vesemir smiled at him.
"Her reaction.. I just don't understand why she left.. I thought she love me too.." Geralt was confused.
"Oh Geralt.. you forgot on one important thing. Women just want to be loved, they don't want anything else. But until you won't tell them, show them and let them know that you truly love them, they won't believe you. Every woman is the same, even sorceress. She just wanted to hear these words from you. She wanted to believe that what you feel is real." Vesemir was honest.
"I'm such a fool.." Geralt looked at him sadly.
"Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.." Vesemir admitted. Geralt was trying to hold his tears.

RINDE - Redania

"You cannot be serious. I thought you like it here Yennefer." Beau was confused.
"I do like it.. but I have to leave now." she sighed.
"But what I gonna do without you?" Beau was hurt.
"You will find another mage and everything will be the same." she was so calm.
"Nothing will be the same... no one ever will be Yennefer of Vengerberg." Beau said with disappointment. He really liked her, even if she was getting on his nerves almost the whole time.
"Are you trying to make me cry Beau?" Yennefer raised her eyebrow.
"You're making me cry Yennefer.." he looked at her sadly. "That's because of that witcher. Right?" Beau was serious.
"No.. I just need a change.." she hesitated.
"I told you he isn't a good company for you." he frowned.
She rolled her eyes.
"Beau please.. do not start this. I have enough of everything now. Thank you for your help. Goodbye." she started leaving from the room.
"Yennefer!" he called on her. She stopped and turned to him.
"If you change your mind.. you're still welcome here." Beau was honest.
"I know.." she smiled a bit, then she left.

THE END: Part 18