Legend

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

Yennefer woke up early. She stood up from the bed and she noticed sleeping Geralt on the floor. She was mad at him that he got drunk very much but she knew she can't blame him. She knew he needed it as her. She went towards her table. She fixed her face, combed her hair and then she dressed up. After she ended with everything she went downstairs.
She entered into kitchen. It was quite early but Vesemir was already sitting to the table and eating. While she was going towards shelf with food, she noticed sleeping Lambert on the floor and Eskel was sleeping on the table. She shaked her head. She prepared something to eat for yourself and then she went towards Vesemir.
"Good morning Yennefer. You can't sleep?" he said kindly.
"Morning. I suppose that you cannot sleep either." she smiled at him and sat down to the table.
"I always wake up so early. I'm old man, I don't need sleeping that long." he said with laughing.
"They had hard night.." she pointed with her head on Lambert and Eskel.
"When Geralt returns back, they always get drunk. But this is for the first time when they didn't reach their rooms." Vesemir laughed.
"I was surprised that Geralt did.." she admitted.
"What's worrying you my dear? I can see your sad eyes. You can tell me, maybe I can help you." he was honest. She looked at him uncertainly.
"If it's because of Geralt, I promise you I will give him a lection." he smiled at her.
"It's not Geralt's fault." she hesitated for a moment. "It's something different.."
"If you don't want to tell me, it's okay." Vesemir understood. She smiled at him.

"What are you reading?" she looked at his book. She was trying to change the topic but she also adored books.
"Legends about dragons. It's quite interesting book." her interest surprised him.
"Would you tell me some legend? I've never heard many things about dragons." she told him kindly.
"Of course." he smiled. "It's a legend about a gold dragon. There are five species of dragons. Green, black, red and white and the unique one is a golden dragon. We don't kill dragons if is not necessary. They are useful for the nature." Vesemir told her with excitement.
Suddenly Lambert interrupted them. He slowly sat down on the bench. He sighed painfully. Vesemir continued.
"Golden Dragon is a legendary creature considered by most of the experts as myth. It is uncertain whether they form a separate race or are just rare, sterile mutations among more common variants. The legends attribute them several miraculous attributes, of which unquestionably are their magical abilities and changing their forms into any living being. They belch destructive fire and hot steam. The largest specimens reach 20 meters in length."
"Oh.. my head." Lambert sighed.
"Stop interrupting or I'll make you suffer." Yennefer told him strictly and gave him angry look. Lambert just frowned, he didn't have a power to argue with her. Vesemir laughed. She started liking this confident sorceress.
"But that golden dragon is only a legend. They are very unique for their very healing alchemical materials but no one has ever saw him." Vesemir admitted.
"That's not true." Lambert interrupted them again. Yennefer raised her eyebrow. "When I was in Velen, I heard that someone saw him." Lambert told him calmly.
"Are you sure Lambert? It could be just rumours." Vesemir didn't want to believe it.
"Absolutely." Lambert stated.
"Well, you see my dear? The legends sometimes become real." Vesemir sighed.
"How powerful are these dragon's healing materials?" Yennefer started to have a hope again.
"As I heard, they can do miracles." Vesemir answered to her.
"Interesting.." she started thinking. Maybe she could finally find the cure which she needed.
"Why do you care about it anyway?" Lambert asked her suspicious.
"That's none of your business." Yennefer smiled at him sarcastically. "If you'll meet Geralt, tell him I wanna talk to him. I'll be somewhere outside." she told them then she stood up and she left from the kitchen.
"What just happened to her?" Vesemir looked at Lambert.
"I have no idea.." he started eating Yennefer's uneaten food.

Geralt woke up. His whole head was in pain. He tried to stood up slowly and he started searching for Yennefer but she wasn't there. He sighed. He changed his clothes and then he left from the room.
When he came into the kitchen, all the witchers were already there. He went towards them.
"Hard night?" Eskel was teasing Geralt.
"Same as yours.." he sat down on the bench.
"Yennefer's drinking game killed us all.. literally. " Lambert was honest, he still didn't feel well and it was almost midday.
"I wouldn't be surprised if it was her plan to drunk us all.." Geralt admitted. "Anyway have you seen her?" he started worrying about her.
"She was here recently but she left." Lambert said without emotions.
"Did I miss something?" Geralt asked them confused.
"No.. I was just telling Yennefer some legends about dragons." Vesemir smiled.
"Yennefer wanted to hear about dragons?" Geralt was surprised.
"I was reading the book 'Dragon's legends' and she asked me about that. I told her legend about Golden dragon." Vesemir explained.
"Did you know Geralt that in Velen is Golden dragon?" Lambert said with excitement.
"What?" Geralt was serious.
"Yeah.. I heard the rumors that someone saw him. Some hunters already want to go kill him." Lambert was honest.
"What exactly did you tell her Vesemir?" Geralt looked at him. He started to be uneasy.
"I told her everything what I know about Golden dragons and Lambert told her the same, what he told you now." Vesemir didn't understand why he was asking this.
"Shit." Geralt sighed. He knew about dragons almost everything. "Did she say where she was going?" Geralt started to be impatient.
"Outside." Lambert answered for Vesemir. Geralt stood up.
"Did we say something wrong?" they all didn't understand.
"No.. you just accidentally gave her hope.." Geralt turned to leave. This wasn't good. He knew, she won't stop looking for the cure now.
"Geralt! Wait! What happened?" Lambert shouted at him.
"Let him go Lambert. This is only between her and him." Vesemir patted Lambert head and he went prepared something for a lunch. Lambert frowned. Vesemir really has behaved like their father.
"Did they tell you how big is that dragon?" Eskel asked Lambert with excitement. Lambert shaked his head and laughed.
"Once witcher, always the witcher.." Lambert started speaking.

She was sitting on the walls near the main gate. She needed to think. The things about that dragon changed everything, also her mood. They gave her a hope again, hope to be mother one day. She was staring at the mountains when she spotted Geralt coming towards her.
"Do you believe in destiny?" she asked him calmly when he was close to her. Geralt gave her confused look. It was clear that she surprised him with her question.
"I.. I don't know.. I've never believed in destiny." Geralt didn't expect this start of their conversation. He imagined it in the worse way.
"Sit down." Yennefer pointed at the place next to her. He nodded and he came sat down next to her.
"I believe in destiny. I believe that someone can be linked to you but sometimes you need much more." she looked at him.
"Yen... what is this all about?" he was confused.
"I don't think that was only a coincidence that we met." she told him honestly.
"What do you mean?"
"You came into my life so unexpected." Yennefer paused. Geralt grabbed her hand and squeezed it. He knew she was going through a lot these past months.
"And you came to me in the time when I need you the most. Like you would knew it.." she opened up to him. She started to be vulnerable again.
"Yen.. I'm not going anywhere. I'll be here for you." Geralt made it clear.
"You have no idea what it mean to me.." she caressed his face with her hand and smiled at him.
"Look, last night.." he lowered his eyes. "I'm sorry how I behaved.. I was.." she interrupted him.
"It wasn't your fault, it was my fault. I was angry and irritated. You were trying but I sent you away." Yennefer explained.
"I really wanted to help you but I didn't know how." he was honest.
"So, you then drunk yourself.. That was your solution?" she raised her eyebrow.
"Well.. we little bit crossed lines." Geralt was trying to smile.
"Little bit?"
"Alright.. much more.." he lowered his eyes.
"Geralt.. I won't kill you for this." she laughed. "Yeah, I was mad on you. I told you to not to drink again but I already knew you won't refuse alcohol when you were in those company.." she was smiling.
"I'm glad you don't want to kill me anymore.." Geralt said with reviled and embraced her.
"Who would I command then?" she raised her eyes on him.
"Yen, you just can't stop with that commanding. Don't you?" Geralt laughed and kissed her head. She smiled under her nose.
"Would you finally show me that legendary castle?" she turned to him.
"As you wish my lady.." he kissed her.

THE END: Chapter 15