Decisions

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

Almost half a year passed since Yennefer left. Geralt was still on Kear Morhen and he was doing nothing. Sometimes he went on the walk to clear his head but most of his time he was helping Vesemir with repairing the broken walls. His life didn't have any sense anymore. He was feeling better but any day didn't pass without thinking on her.. He will never be able to forget on her and he didn't even want to. She will always be love of his life.
He was repairing wall of the castle when Vesemir interrupted him.
"From the best witcher I've know, you've became a repairman.." Vesemir said with laughing when stood up next to him.
"Hmm.. repairmen are always needed." Geralt gave him amusement look.
"Yeah, they are. But I wasn't training you for to be repairer. I trained you to be witcher. Geralt.. you cannot live like this. You should go on the path again." Vesemir said honestly.
"I don't want it anymore.. to be honest." Geralt smirked.
"Then what do you want?" Vesemir asked him.
I just want to be with her, nothing else, he thought.
"I want to have peace finally." Geralt sighed.
"You won't find peace here and you know that. You have to live Geralt. Maybe you could go visit your child.." Vesemir suggested.
"I totally forgot on that.. I wanted to go visit him but some circumstances changed my plans." Geralt paused. "Obviously.."
Vesemir noticed sadness in his voice.
"See? Then what are you still doing here? Go pack your things and go." Vesemir smiled.
"Are you trying to get rid of me?" Geralt laughed.
"Little bit." Vesemir started laughing.

"You're leaving?" Leo asked him when he was packing some food in the kitchen.
"Yes, I have to move on."
"Geralt! I'm still surprised that you stayed here so long. But now I'm sad that you're leaving. I won't have my drinking partner.." Lambert said a with disappointment when he entered into the kitchen with Eskel.
"I would like to heal your liver Lambert for once ." Geralt said with laughing.
"Oh, that's so kind from you." Lambert said sarcastically and he started laughing.
"I will miss your grumpy face." Eskel petted his back.
"Thanks Eskel. I will miss your true words."
"Do you have enough food? The way just to Novigrad will be long at least one month." Eskel wanted to be sure.
"Yes, I have. I will go prepare Roach. Meet me then on the courtyard for ten minutes please.." Geralt asked them.
"Sure." Eskel answered for everyone.

Geralt came with Roach towards them. Everyone came to say goodbye to him. They were standing in the courtyard and the sun was going down.
"It was good to see you all again. I really missed you." Geralt told them honestly.
"Don't pretend that you missed us so much Geralt.." Lambert said with laughing.
"I didn't miss you at all Lambert." he came closer to him and he hugged him. He then turned to Eskel
"Eskel never stop with cooking please." Geralt was teasing him.
"I won't, don't worry." Eskel said with laughing and he hugged Geralt.
Geralt then turned to Leo.
"Your fight with that Griffin was really impressive. You're going to be a very good witcher but you have to train even harder." Geralt smiled at him. Leo was like his little brother and their relationship was getting better.
"I will." Leo said proudly. Geralt petted his head. Then he turned to Vesemir.
"White Wolf.. I hope we'll see again soon." Vesemir smiled at him.
"Many things can happen, I can't promise it." Geralt squeezed the old witcher's hand.
"May luck accompany you on your journey." Vesemir hugged Geralt firmly.
"Thank you for everything, you helped me so much.." Geralt told him when they pulled away from the hug.
"I guess, this is goodbye for now." Geralt smiled.
"Good luck on the path witcher!" Lambert almost shouted at him.
Geralt nodded. He then jumped on the Roach, he one last time looked at all the witchers, his family.
"I'll be back." Geralt told them and then he started riding away.
When he was behind the main gate, he stopped for a second and looked at the castle. He sighed.
"I hope my destiny is waiting on me.."
He continued in his ride.

VENGERBERG - Aedirn

Yennefer was sitting on the chair and reading the book when she heard noise of closing door. Istredd is finally here, she thought.
Istredd was living with her at least four months. She told him she needed him and he didn't protest. He was helping her with her research. They were creating new potions, testing many things and trying to create the cure but still nothing was working.
But she didn't want to give it up so easily. She was reading lot of books, old pergaments or letters to get more information. She  knew Istredd had feelings for her but she didn't feel anything to him. She loved only one person.. but this person didn't love her and she just couldn't get over it.
"Yennefer?" Istredd interrupted her from her thoughts.
"Do you have anything?" she was hoping.
"They didn't managed to kill the dragon. He disappeared and nobody saw him almost a week." he told her sadly. Her excitement disappeared.
"Never mind.. that dragon will show up himself someday again." she said confidently. She didn't want to show him how sad she was because of it.
"Did Brotherhood contact you too?" Istredd was curious.
"No, why would they? I sent them to the hell.." she rolled her eyes.
"Nilfgaard wants to attack Northern kingdoms." he was serious.
"That's not my problem." Yennefer sat down on the sofa.
"I think the war will be soon." he paused. "I should have tell you that you have to contact them." he said calmly.
"Well, I won't. They don't need me." she said strictly.
"Tissaia will come here soon. She knows you won't contact them.." he started staring at her face. She was so beautiful, he thought.
"What?!" Yennefer stood up and came closer to him.
"I didn't devise it." Istredd was defending himself. He was bit afraid of her when she was angry. She could be very unpleasant.
"They will only let me be when I will end up at the cemetery.." she sighed.

Suddenly the teleport opened in the room and Tissaia de Vries landed on the floor.
"Mention the devil and he is here.." Yennefer said sarcastically and she looked at Tissaia.
"Our last conversation didn't end very well." Tissaia came closer to her.
"And you don't understand what means fuck off.." she faked her smile.
"Yennefer a bit respect." Istredd warned her. Yennefer raised her eyebrow on him. She didn't expect this.
"She's never had a respect to anyone.. but back to the thing why I came here." Tissaia looked at her strictly. "We're going to the war. We need to stop Nilgaard before they will reach Northern kingdoms." Tissaia said seriously.
"So? You already have plan, then go to the war. I wish you good fight." Yennefer smirked.
"We need you and your power." Tissaia was calm.
"I told you, I don't care about it." she rolled her eyes.
"If we won't stop Nilfgaard, they will destroy everything and you can forget about finding the cure." Tissaia said strictly. She knew she hit her vulnerability.
Yennefer took a deep breath. She hated that Tissaia was right.
"Fine.. What should I suppose to do?"
"We're leaving tomorrow on the castle Rewirra in the Sodden. You and Istreed will join us there." Tissaia looked at them and they both nodded.

"Alright. See you tomorrow." Yennefer smiled sarcastically and she turned around.
"Yennefer, wait. There is something else too." Tissaia called on her and Yennefer turned back.
"Istredd, could you leave us alone please?" Tissaia looked at him and he nodded and left from the room.
"What again?" Yennefer started to be really impatient.
"We created new organization 'Lodge of Sorceresses' and I want you to be part of it." Tissaia smiled a bit.
"You want me? You're kidding right?" Yennefer laughed.
"No, I'm not kidding. I want you to be member." Tissaia stated.
"And for what kind of opportunity you created it?" Yennefer was suspicious.
"The lodge will have 13 members, only a sorceresses, not men. We'll try to control everything on the Continent too but the main reason why we created is the child with Elder blood." Tissaia explained.
"Child with Elder blood? How do you even know this child has this blood gene?" Yennefer was surprised.
"Her name is Cirilla. She is daughter of Pavetta and Duny. She inherited the gene in her blood after her mother. She is very powerful. We've noticed some exhibition of her power recently and she can't control it."
"I need to think about it.. but I'll let you know." Yennefer smirked.
"Alright, but please be responsible at least for now. We need you in this war as we need you in the Lodge. Tomorrow I want to see you on the castle. I'm serious." Tissaia warned her.
"When I've let you down?" she laughed.
"Are trying to upset me?" Tissaia raised her eyebrow.
"No.. I just adore you face when you are angry." Yennefer used little bit of sarcasm.
"You're hopeless case." Tissaia sighed.
"Someone has to be." Yennefer admitted. Then without Tissaia's permission she went to her table. Tissaia just frowned. She didn't want to argue with her, so she created the teleport and  disappeared.

She was reading the book again when Istredd entered into the room.
"Have you heard about Pavetta's and Duny's daughter?" Yennefer stopped reading and looked at him. This child was interesting for her.
"Yeah, I heard. It's your ex- boyfriend Child of Surprise. He didn't tell you? Poor you.." Istredd smirked.
"What?" she stood up and the book fell down to the floor.
"How do you know about it?" she started to be nervous.
"You've never heard about how he saved Duny? About his Child of Surprise?" Istredd said with laughing.
"No.. I've never cared about these rumors, especially not about witchers." Yennefer rolled her eyes. She sat down on the bed.
Why the hell Geralt didn't tell her that he has a Child of Surprise? She wondered how many things he hasn't told her. He disappointed her again. But she didn't want to think about it now. She raised her eyes on Istredd.
"We should continue in that potion from yesterday." she commanded him. She stood up again.
"Of course. Everything for you Yenna." Istredd came to her and he caressed her face.

THE END: Chapter 21