Surprise

WYZIMA - Temeria

"You pig! You're liar!!.." some woman was shouting.
Geralt was petting Roach when he heard a scream. He was curious what is happening. He went behind the corner of the street pulling the horse behind. He came closer to the next house, he saw a group of people watching the show already. Then he saw one little woman standing on the balcony how she was screaming on man with a hat under the balcony.

"Please, Felicia!" the man with hat was screaming back. "Don't trust these gossips, they're not true. I would never cheat on you." the man sighed. "Please!" he started losing hope.
Suddenly some pitcher fell down next to the man but the man jumped away before the pitcher hit his head.
"You son of bitch! Go to the hell!" she shouted at him and then she disappeared somewhere inside her house.
Geralt was smiling under his nose and enjoying the whole situation, he knew this man very well.
"Hey, Jaskier." Geralt came to the bard. "What is happening here?" he was teasing him.
"Oh.. you know, nothing, just simple things.." Jaskier was trying to smile. "It's nice to see you again.. Geraalt beware!!" the big pot suddenly fell down near to them. The woman came back on the balcony.
"Take you clothes, you clown!" she then threw down the clothes across the balcony. Jaskier looked at the clothes. Geralt was still smiling.
"These trousers aren't even mine." the bard was confused then he looked back at balcony.
"Get out! I never want to see you again! You.. you idiot!" she was ready to throw something again.
"I hope she doesn't have a crossbow." the witcher said with laughing.
"I hope too." Jaskier admitted.
"It would be better if we get out from here. You'll come back later, well, if you want to.." Geralt suggested.
"Hell no, I won't ever come back to her. Let's go Geralt." Jaskier said strictly and he started walking away from the house.

"Hmm.. Jaskier, you should first turn around." the witcher crossed his arms. The bard stopped walking and he turned back.
"What? Wait.. No, no, no.. Please, no! Felicia! My lute.. not my lute.." Jaskier put his hands on his head and he was watching the happening disaster.
"And you know what?! You're an awful bard!" Felicia screamed for the last time. Then she threw his lute across the balcony. Jaskier started watching how his lute was falling to the ground. Then he came back to the mind and realized he can't let that happen. He immediately started running with outstretched hands towards the falling lute. Suddenly he fell down to the ground and hit his forehead, but he managed to stand up again. Then he jumped and in the last second and he somehow caught his lute.
"Oh, thanks Gods!" the bard sighed happily and started hugging the lute. He didn't even care that his forehead was hurting like a hell.
"I'm not even surprised." Geralt came next to him. Jaskier frowned and then he stood up.
"I didn't ask for you opinion." he dusted off his lute.
"What did you do to her?" Geralt raised his eyebrow.
"What do you think? I cheated on her." the bard smirked.
"And you wonder that she was angry on you?" Geralt said with laughing.
"I don't want to talk about it.." Jaskier frowned.
"Fine, I'm just saying." Geralt stated. "But I must admit you look more attractive with that bruise on your face now.." the witcher smiled under his nose. Jaskier rolled his eyes and caressed his bruise with hand. He pretended that he didn't hear what the witcher said.
"Where do you want to go next? Because as you saw a moment ago, we cannot stay here anymore." Jaskier told him strictly.
"Well, you can't stay here. I didn't do anything wrong." Geralt laughed.
"Oh, shut up Geralt. We know each other like a two weeks and you're already rude.." the bard was offended and started walking away from the witcher. After couple of seconds Geralt appeared next to the bard sitting already on Roach.
"I want to go to Novigrad, I need to replenish my supplies." Geralt looked at Jaskier.
"Splendid, then let's go." the bard faked his smile.

After two hours of speechless walking on the path Jaskier decided to break the silent. He couldn't be mad at Geralt forever.
"Anyway, how was your fight? What was that monster?" Jaskier asked him. Geralt was surprised that the bard started talking to him so soon. After all it was good change for his witchers's ears not to listen Jaskier's voice all the time.
"It was Gravier. He was hiding in one house near the west gate. He was killing people at the night. Look at him." the witcher pointed at Graviers's head tied to the saddle.
"Blah.. that's awful. Did you get at least any coins for that creature?" Jaskier asked him.
"Two hundred and fifty coins from the soldiers. Everybody was afraid to kill him, so they hired me. They wanted to have peace in town and I could take the head for that. I'll sell it to some mage later." Geralt said proudly. Jaskier rolled his eyes.
"Why would anyone want to buy a head of something so disgusting?" Jaskier was confused.
"For many reasons. You can create a various potions from the brain, eyes, tongue or slime and it's really delicious to eat when you cook it properly." Geralt explained.
"Wait? What? They're eating it?" the bard couldn't believe it. He suddenly felt like he's gonna vomit so soon.
"I'm kidding." Geralt said calmly but he was laughing inside so loudly.
"That was not funny at all." Jaskier frowned. "We should continue." the bard stated.
"You don't wanna hear what else you can get from the monster's head?" Geralt was teasing him.
"No, we'll have plenty of time to talk about monsters on our journey." Jaskier was still frowning.
"Almost three long days to Novigrad. I'm sure we'll meet at least one monster." Geralt looked at bard.
"I hope not." Jaskier said honestly and he wished Gods would hear him.