Grief

VENGERBERG - Aedirn

She opened the door and she entered inside. She stopped for minute. Everything in the room was on the same place when she left. She sighed and she went to sit down on the sofa. Again here, she thought. But the worst thing was that she couldn't come back to Rinde. Too many memories on him was in that town and she wouldn't handle it because the pain was too big. Forget on him will be the hardest thing for her. She really loved him. She loved his stupid humor, his hair, his touches. She loved that he sometimes didn't say too much. She adored many others thing about him. She thought she finally found someone who understood her, who supported her but she was wrong about him and that was so painful for her. After couple of mintutes she stood up. She went towards her bookshelf. She had a big book's collection. She took one book without looking at the title and she sat down on the bed and she started reading:

The most important thing is to enjoy your life, to be happy. It's all that matters. Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want and don't forget on love. To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that's everything.

"Damn it!" she closed the book."Who wrote it?!" she shaked her head. "I really couldn't pick up better book now..." she sighed, then she stood up and she went towards her table. She started fixing her face. When she was ready, she went to the Megascope and she tried to contact someone.
She was waiting couple of minutes when she heard the voice what she wanted to hear.
"Yennefer..?" she was confused.
"Triss! Thank God.." Yennefer sighed.
"Are you alright? You look like a piece of shit.." Triss was worried about her.
"I'm feeling like this. I need you to come here immediately.. and  bring lot of wine with you." Yennefer begged her.
"Alright.. I will." Triss was confused but also very worried about what happened. Something really serious had to happen to her and she wondered why Geralt wasn't with her.
"Come as soon as possible."
"See you soon." Triss ended the conection.

Yennefer was sitting on the bed and drinking the wine which she found in her kitchen when she spotted the teleport in her room.
"Yennefer.." Triss called on her when she landed on the floor.
"Triss.." she stood up but her head spun and she lost balance.
"Easy." Triss caught her before she would fall on the floor.
"Sorry, too much wine already." Yennefer was trying to smile.
"We were talking just ten minutes ago and you can't stand straight.. I don't recognize you Yennefer.." Triss raised her eyebrow.
"Shit happens sometimes.." Yennefer smiled sarcastically and she trembled.
"Come sit down. It's not good idea that you're standing.." Triss suggested and they went towards the bed. She was holding Yennefer for her arm.
"Sit down here." Triss pointed on the place and Yennefer sat down on the bed without any protest. Triss grabbed bottle of wine from the table and then she sat down on the sofa opposite the bed.
"Would you finally tell me why you freaked out and you are almost drunk now?" Triss was really confused. She's never saw her in this way.
"We broke up.." Yennefer lowered her head.
"What? You two broke up?" Triss was surprised.
"Well.. technically I broke up with him. I left him." Yennefer said with frustration.
"I don't believe it.. you were born for each other. You must be kidding.." Triss protested.
"Yeah.. and I don't have better things to do than be sitting drunk on my bed and just telling you normal things what happens everyday.." Yennefer said sarcastically. Triss looked at her sadly. This was really serious.
"I didn't mean it like this.." Triss stood up and she went to sat down next to her.
"I'm so sorry Yennefer.." she looked at her sadly and she hugged her.
"I know.. I thought he was different too." Yennefer ended with hugging.
"He is different.. you know it." Triss stated.
"Triss, please stop it.. you won't change my mind and I don't want to argue with you about it.." Yennefer started to be irritated.
Triss sighed. At least she tried it.
"Alright.. then tell me everything. I need to know exactly what happened between you two. I know you Yennefer, you can't be provoked just by anything." Triss was serious. Yennefer just took a deep breath, she drank almost half bottle of wine, then she started speaking.

"He didn't want to support me in anything what I was doing.." Yennefer was almost crying. The alcohol hit her mind properly.
"Hey, it's okay.. men can be fools. They never see what women really want, they almost always do opposite things.." Triss carresed her back. She was a bit drunk too.
"But what is worse.. that he didn't tell me he loves me.. I really thought he loves me for fuck sake!" Yennefer said bit angrily with tears in her eyes.
"I don't think he hasn't loved you.. I saw the way how he was looking at you when I've visited you. I'm sure this was a look of man in love. Maybe he was scared to tell you.." Triss admitted.
"He can fight with the scaries monsters in the Continent but he doesn't know to tell me that he loves me.." Yennefer said sarcastically and she rolled her eyes. "Don't make it worse for me Triss.. I'm already feeling like a wreck." Yennefer frowned.
"Fine. This have to stop. You'll really become a wreck if we will continue in this.. You have to express your pain. Cry, scream, go break something. It will erase your pain and you will feel better then." Triss smiled at her. "We'll figure it out everything later what to do next.." she put her hand on hers.
"Can we start with crying first?" Yennefer asked her with tiny voice and she smirked.
"Today we'll do what ever you want." Triss hugged her.

KEAR MORHEN - Kaedwen

"Geralt! What's wrong with you? Why you didn't shoot that deer?!" Eskel was yelling at him.
"I'm sorry.. I didn't realize it.." Geralt apologized while he was holding a crossbow.
"Awesome.. but if you didn't notice it, our dinner just ran away.." Lambert smirked at him.
"Two hours of waiting for nothing.." Eskel sighed.
"I'm really sorry. Okay?!" Geralt raised his voice a bit.
"I don't care about it! Come back on this world finally! You're really pissing me of that all four days you're somewhere lose in your thoughts!" Lambert said angrily.
"Calm down Lambert." Eskel looked at him seriously, then he turned to Geralt.
"Geralt, I understand that you're grieving. I know it's hard for you but it doesn't mean that you won't pay attention to everything what is going around you. I'm really afraid to sent you alone outside because some monster could kill you and you won't even notice it." Eskel said calmly.
"I need some time."
"Of course, we'll wait next ten years when you'll be ready again. Or should I said you'll be never ready again because of her?" Lambert said sarcastically. "Look at yourself. Look what she did to you. You really care about that witch so much?! Why the hell?!" Lambert was almost yelling. He had enough of Geralt's behavior. Geralt was calm until now. He came towards Lambert and then he punch him into his face.
"Are you lost of your mind?!" Lambert caught his nose. He was bleeding.
"I said I just need more time!" Geralt said angrily and he turned to leave. He didn't know what was happening to him. He's never behaved like this but at least he knew source of this.
"Where are you going?" Eskel shouted on Geralt.
"I want to be alone. If I won't return one week, go look after me.." Geralt said without turning back to them.
"He is not normal. That witch blinded his mind.." Lambert frowned.
"No, just love blinded his mind." Eskel was honest. "Come, maybe on the way back to the castle we'll find something different on our dinner." they both started leaving.

THE END: Chapter 19