Complications

NOVIGRAD - Redania

"Where is it? I swear, I put it here.." Zoltan cursed. He was searching for something in the shelf.
"I find it!" the dwarf said with excitement and he grabbed some thing from the shelf. He turned to them.
"Here, it's for you my friend, The Griffin crossbow." Zoltan gave it to Geralt.
"Where do you have that from?" Geralt was curious.
"I bought it very cheap from the one smith in Gors Velen. When I met you yesterday I realized, maybe it would be useful for you."
"Thank you Zoltan, the crossbow is always needed." Geralt said thankfully.
"You have helped me many times Geralt, it's nothing to compare with what you've done for me." Zoltan told him honestly.
"So, that means we're leaving?" Jaskier raised his eyebrows.
"I'm glad we've met my friend. It was good to see you again." Geralt ignored the bard's comment.
"Me too witcher. If you'll be in Novigrad sometime, come to visit me." Zoltan shaked hand with Geralt's.
"I will Zoltan. Farewell." Geralt smiled and Jaskier nodded.
"Good luck on the path." Zoltan said honestly.

After they both left from the Zoltan's forge, they went to the stables near the south gate. Geralt was going to took Roach.
They were walking about ten minutes when they came to the stables. Geralt then went to the stableman whom was feeding his horses. Jaskier stayed behind him.
"I came for my horse." Geralt told to stableman.
"Of course, show me which one is yours." the stableman told him and he was waiting on the witcher's respond.
"This brown horse is mine" Geralt pointed at Roach.
"It will be 20 orens." the stableman told him calmly.
"Here." the witcher gave him coins.
The stableman then brought Roach towards Geralt.
"Hello again my friend." Geralt petted Roach. He then took Roach towards Jaskier.
"I don't like that horse.. he always want to bite me." Jaskier was offended. Roach raise his head.
"Jaskier, you exaggerate again."
"Me? Never.. I.." someone interrupted them.

"Hey, Butcher.. you forget where you belong?" the man said nasty. The unknown man came closer to them.
They both turned around.
"Someone told me that he saw you in the brothel witcher, I was waiting on this day when I'll finally take my revenge." the man said angrily.
Geralt has known this man for years, they both respected each other.
"Take your sword witcher. Immediately!" the man started to be more angry.
"Jaskier stay behind me." Geralt said strictly. He went closer to the man.
"Roderick, I think that's misunderstanding." Geralt said calmly.
"Misunderstanding?! You slept with my daughter for fuck sake!!" Roderick raised his voice.
"Hey, I didn't know that she's your daughter.. and she was in the inn, I thought she is just.." the witcher didn't finish.
"She's not a slut!" Roderick was serious. "She heard about your story with Striga and she wanted to meet you.. but it doesn't mean that she had to slept with you!" Roderick said strictly.

"Look, I would never sleep with her if I would know she's daughter of Commander of guards. She told me this after we.." Roderick interrupted him.
"I don't want to hear what you were doing to her witcher.." he stated.
"It happened five years ago.. why you can't just let it go.. I'm sorry, okay?." Geralt was honest.
"I don't care about your opinion, take your sword!" the commander shouted at him.
"That's not the best idea.." Geralt didn't finish, because Roderick came towards him with sword and he to hit Geralt.

" Geralt didn't finish, because Roderick came towards him with sword and he to hit Geralt