Belleteyn

RINDE - Redania

Almost four months passed. Geralt and Yennefer were quite happily living together. Yennefer was doing her work as mage, she was helping people and earning money for yourself. She still didn't tell Geralt what she wanna do with all that money. Geralt has asked her this many times but she didn't tell him. She adored that he always cared about her but she thought he wouldn't understand it. That he wouldn't understand she wanna be a mother and wants to take back what they took from her despite he is the only one who understand her the most.
Geralt was almost always busy during the day. Many villagers were hiring him to kill monsters or to find lost members of family. Also many other people from the further towns or villages wanted to hire him too. They heard rumors how Geralt killed the monster from the sewers because Jaskier was singing about it everywhere. He got the letters or people came to visit him personally. Geralt sometimes disappeared on two or more days because of work but he always returned back to Yennefer. Every day he adored her more and more, even if she was sometimes playing on his nerves. Meanwhile was Geralt hanging out also with Jaskier when he's visited Rinde. They were drinking in the inn on the evenings or Jaskier joined him on the path. They became a very close friends. Yennefer allowed Jaskier to stay in her house but Geralt had to persuing her almost two weeks when she finally said yes.

It was the end of April which means the Belleteyn was coming.
~~~
Belleteyn is a fertility festival beginning at dusk on the 30th April and continuing until the dawn of the 1st May. It is also a traditional time to begin or end relationships of a physical nature. Food, drink and love are the order of the evening making this celebration a time of many marriages. Bonfires abound, and revellers are encouraged to jump the flames for luck and their own fertility.
  ~~~
People in whole town were working on preparation almost a week. Geralt were watching how the whole town was changing when he was coming back to Yennefer's house. Someone needed help on his field. The Noonwriath was causing problems for him, he couldn't plant the new seeds.
Noonwraiths are only known to haunt rural places, and usually stay near the place of their deaths. They prey on peasants working in the fields or children playing nearby.
Geralt quickly killed that monster and the peasant was very grateful. He gave him more coins that the witcher asked for. Geralt couldn't complain. He just wished to meet people like this peasant more often.

But something was in Geralt's mind which was worrying him for a while. He noticed that something wrong was with Yennefer. She was behaving differently than usual the whole week. He also sometimes heard her how she was communicating or shouting on somebody through the Megascope but he didn't know who it was or why she was so angry.

Geralt entered into her house and then sat down on the chair in the corner because she had a customer. He knew that he caused a problem for himself. Yennefer hated when he came here and she was working. But he couldn't help himself, he wanted to see her so much.
After couple of minutes the customer left, she finally turned to him.
"How many times I've told you Geralt to not come here when I'm working. Am I speaking into the wind?" she was mad at him. He stood up and came towards her but she turned her back to him and sighed.
Geralt embraced her from behind and kissed her on cheek.
"I hate you.." Yennefer rolled her eyes.
"I know." he smiled. After couples of seconds being in his arms she turned back to him.
"Geralt, I'm serious. I cannot focus on my work when you are staring at me with those eyes.." she put her hand on his face and caressed it.
"I adore to distract you.." Geralt said teasingly and leaned closer to her and kissed her on her lips.
"Then try not to do it in my work." Yennefer smiled at him but Geralt knew there was also a threat in her words. He knew her too well already.
She went towards her table to prepare herself on celebrations and Geralt again sat down on the chair.

"You could dress up something different for today than your armor." she started combing her hair.
"I don't have any tunic Yen.. you know that." he frowned. He didn't like to wear things in whom he couldn't normally move.
"Do not tell me you don't have anything else than your armor.." she raised her eyebrow. Geralt was thinking.
"I have one white shirt but.." she interrupted him.
"You'll take that shirt or I'm going alone." she said strictly.
Geralt knew he didn't have a choice, he stood up and he went to get dress up.
When he came back, Yennefer was already dressed up. She was wearing long black and white dress. When she noticed him, she came closer to him. The smell of lilac and gooseberries hit him like a arrow. He took a deep breath.
"It suits you wearing something different than your armor." she purred and she fixed his collar.
"And I think that dress suits you more. You look beautiful." Geralt couldn't take his eyes from her.
"I know." she said confidently. He caressed her cheek. Geralt loved her confidence but he also knew that under different circumstances it could cause problems.
Geralt hesitated for a while.
"Yen? Does something happened? You behave differently." he was serious.
"I don't think so it's good time to talk about it now.." Yennefer pulled back from him.
"And will be ever suitable time to talk about it?"
"Maybe." she turned around and she went towards her table.
He already knew the answer.