Destiny

SOMEWHERE ON THE PATH - Temeria

Geralt woke up early and he left from the inn before the sun raised on the sky. His plan on this day was to reach Gors Velen. He predicted that he is one day of ride from that town.
He was riding at least four hours. He was enjoying the ride because the way was so calm and he hasn't met anyone.
But suddenly he heard scream. He's never cared about somebody who was screaming. People were screaming from many reason. But this scream wasn't an adult scream, it was scream of child.
He stopped Roach. He started searching for the destination where the scream came from. The child screamed again. He quickly jumped down from the horse, he tied his bridle to the nearest tree and he started running towards the noise. After couple of minutes he found the child on tree but he also find another guest. Under the tree was Alghoul and he was trying to reach the child. Geralt took his silver sword and he slowly came towards the the monster. He quickly used his sign AXIE to obfuscate Alghoul's mind and then he hit him. The monster screamed and Alghoul quickly turned around and he attacked Geralt. Geralt moved away from his claws and he hit him again. Alghoul started to be more angry and he again attacked Geralt but this time Geralt didn't manage to move away from Alghoul's claws and Alghoul hit him. Geralt sighed painfully. Their fight was sometimes looking like a dance. Alghoul was a smart opponent but Geralt was too. Geralt indicated the lunge to the right. He didn't wait if monster will realize it and he gave one final blow to the monster. Alghoul fell down dead to the ground.

He sighed and then he looked at the child. He finally saw her face. She was a girl.
"You can climb down." Geralt told her calmly. The girl hesitated for a moment but after couple a seconds she climbed down from the tree.
"You don't have be afraid. I won't hurt you." he was trying to smile.
But the girl had still terrified eyes, she didn't trust that man.
"What's your name?" he asked her kindly.
"Ciri." her voice was trembling.
"What are you doing here alone? If I wouldn't came here, Alghoul would kill you." Geralt raised his eyebrow. He narrowed his eyes at the girl. She had ashes hair, what was not ordinary. She could be around twelve years old.
"You forget how to speak?"
"No." Ciri frowned.
"Look, if I would wanted to hurt you, I would already done it. Don't be afraid. You can trust me." he put his hand on her shoulder and she stiffened.
"I get lost." she pulled away from him.
"Then where are you living? I will take you home." he suggested.
"No! I don't want to go home. My parents are dead.." she lowered her head. Geralt was surprised.
"Then what you wanna do?"
"I.. I want to go with you." she smiled a bit at him.
"No way. I have my own problems." he frowned.
"Please!" she came closer to him. "Please! Please! Please!" she started jumping around him.
"Alright! Just stop screaming finally." Geralt smirked at her. Ciri smiled victariously.
"I will leave you in the next village and someone will take care of you there. You seem as a nice child." he smiled sarcastically. Ciri's smile disappeared.
"Hey, we didn't agree on this." she crossed her arms.
"You can still stay here if you want.." he raised his eyebrow.
"No, I don't want to." she paused. "And I'm not a child anymore!" she frowned.
"Then tell me who are you if not a child?" Geralt was teasing her.
"I'm thirteen! I'm almost a woman!"
"Oh sorry, should I call you a lady now?" he laughed.
"Ciri will be enough." she smirked.
"Come, we should go before another Alghoul will eat you." he made amusement smile.
"You're not funny, you know that?" Ciri raised her eyebrow.
"You're not the first who has told me that.." his smiled disappeared.
Ciri noticed it. She really wondered who told him that.

They were going at least fifteen minutes. Ciri was sitting with him on the Roach. She broke the quiet.
"What's your name?" Ciri was curious.
"Geralt."
"You wasn't afraid of that monster.. and you was also fighting very quickly. You're the witcher right?" she asked him carefully.
"Yes, I'm the witcher." he said calmly but he was surprised that she knew it.
"Wow! I've heard many stories about witchers. Is it true you can see in the dark?" she said with excitement.
"You're asking lot questions. Don't you?" Geralt said with laughing.
"Maybe. And you don't want to answer to mine. Don't you?"
"Look at you. Half hour ago you was afraid to say something and now you can't stop talking." he admitted.
"So, you can see in the dark or not?" Ciri wanted to know the truth.
"Yes, I can see in the dark." he smiled. She hesitated.
"Could you learn me to fight with the sword?" she was excited.
"What? You want to know fight? And why would I do it anyway?" Geralt raised his eyebrow. He was surprised again.
"I would like to know to defend myself."
"You're too young just to hold the sword, not mention that you're girl." he stated.
"Why everybody think that girl cannot fight.." she frowned.
"Ciri, I won't stay with you, you know that right?" Geralt told her honestly.
"Yes, I know.." she said sadly but she was also ready to change his mind.