Dear Friend

VENGERBERG - Aedirn

Yennefer was fixing herself when she heard some noise but she didn't care about it and she continued. After couple of seconds Istredd came into the room.
"Some teleport showed up in front of me and this letter landed on the floor. I suppose it's for you.. your name is on it." Istredd looked at her. She stood up.
"Letter for me?" she was surprised.
"Yes.." he gave her the letter.
"I wonder who wrote it.." she raised her eyebrow and she sat down on her bed.
"Istredd please leave.. maybe it's private thing." she commanded him. He smiled at her and he left without a word. He didn't want to upset her.
She slowly opened the letter and she started reading it but suddenly her heart skipped a beat. It was letter from him. Nobody was calling her like this and also he knew her to well. Yes, she wanted immediately burn this letter when she found out that it was from him but something was telling her to read it. She then took a deep breath and she continued in reading:

Dear Yennefer,

we didn't separate in the best way... but before you'll throw away or burn this letter, just read it Yen. Please.

Firstly.. I'm sorry that I let you down. You trusted me, believed in me and I let you down.. I know I did..
I want to apologize. Maybe it's too late to apologize but I wanted to try it. But we should forget on the past now and move on. I hope you're getting well. I'm writing you because I really need your help. I cannot be more specific because this letter could also end up in the wrong hands. Some person about whom I really care about can't handle her power anymore. That's why I need your help.
You don't have to help me.. why would you anyway? I hurt you.. But this is not about me. This is about someone else. I wouldn't asking you this if I would handle it on my own but I really can't do it. Please forget on everything bad what happened between us and please help her. You are my only hope now.
LW: I'm in Triss's home.

Your dear friend Geralt.

When she ended with reading, her eyes were full of tears. She could hear his deep voice in her head while she was reading it. She exactly remembered on that moment when they broke up.. She started fighting with her feelings. Her heart wanted to help him and see him again but her mind was telling her it wasn't the good idea. She knew if she will meet him again that she won't able to leave him. She still loved him even after that long time.
Did he really call her just a friend?! She was only a friend for him? She thought. She wanted to know it too. She wanted to know his real feelings for her. She really wondered who was that special person for him.. maybe some another woman. Maybe he quickly got over it and maybe she should get over it too.. but she knew she can't. She then stood up and went towards the table.
She started writing the letter.

NOVIGRAD - Temeria

"What did you write to her?" Jaskier asked him while they were sitting in the living room opposite to the fireplace.
"Only what was needed.. I hope I didn't make her very sad or angry." Geralt sighed.
"Do you think she will write back?" Jaskier asked him carefully. He knew that Geralt was very sensitive on this topic now.
"I don't know.. I've gone too far, I shouldn't have tell her that words what I told her.. but she is my only hope now." Geralt was trying to smile but it was hard for him when he was talking about her. He still blamed himself. He then looked at Ciri and Triss on the other side of the room. Triss was showing Ciri her book's collection and Ciri seemed very excited about that. He smiled.
"She is very impressive girl.." Jaskier told him when he noticed where was Geralt looking.
"Yeah, she is.." he smiled. "Sometimes she reminds me Yennefer with her behavior.."
"Geralt.." Jaskier hesitated, he didn't know if it was a good time to tell him this. "Last time when I've met her, she told me that she never want to see you again." Jaskier looked at him sadly.
"I don't blame her.. she had every right to said this. To be honest, I expected it.." Geralt said calmly even when these words were hurting him like a hell. He wish he would never told her this but he screwed up everything and this was his punishment. To lost her.
"What really happened between you two?" Jaskier wanted to know it.
"I told her the truth that she can't be mother.. but I didn't tell her the truth what I really feel to her.. and the other things you can think out." Geralt was upset.
"Truth sucks.." Jaskier sighed.
"Yeah.." Geralt nodded. "Imagine that you lose something what you can't replace. When you're too in love to let it go.. I'm feeling that way right now. I see her when I fall asleep but I can't touch her. Only know I love her when I let her go.. and I let her go.." Geralt lowered his eyes. Jaskier looked at him sadly.
"Alright.. this is really serious.. because you've almost created the poetry with your words now. I've never seen you in this way, we have to fix it my friend.." the bard told him honestly.
"I think it will be impossible.. to fix me.. without her." Geralt raised his eyes on him.