Extraordinary

RINDE - Redania

They came upstairs but someone's presence surprised them both. Geralt also noticed sleeping Jaskier on the bed. She had to put him there somehow. This woman was full of surprises.
"Beau? What are you doing here?" Yennefer was confused. "And also drunk as hell.." she let go of Geralt's hand and went closer to him. Geralt got a bit sad because of it but he quickly came back to mind.
"Who is he?" Geralt stood up next to her and gave him suspicious look. He didn't know why he started acting so overprotective.
"He's the mayor of this town." she explained and then she helped Beau to stand straight so he wouldn't fall.
"Why are you drunk again?" she told him strictly.
"I wanted to see you Yennefer.." Beau murmured.
"Well, you could do it at least sober." she rolled her eyes. "Geralt, take him on that chair to sit." she commanded him. Geralt took his arm and helped him to walk towards the chair.
"Why you were drinking this time?" she asked him when she stepped next to them.
"I wasn't drinking." Beau burped.
"You stink like a barrel with alcohol. Do not lie to me, I don't have a time for this." Yennefer said angrily.
"Nobody wants pay a new taxation which I established a week ago.. and you're not even paying any taxation at all." Beau raised his eyes on her. "You should be paying to me Yennefer and you're not.." he smirked. Geralt raised his eyebrows. This witch was very clever when it was about business for sure.
"We have a deal Beau. I can work here and you'll get your services for it. Don't you remember?" Yennefer stated. Geralt frowned, he really wondered what that ugly man wanted from her.
"But we didn't agree on this. Do not make me to call the guards on you or should a rather call a witch hunters?" Beau warned her.
"Do not threaten to me." she pushed him backward on chair with her hand. "That's not my fault that you suck as a mayor. Blame yourself, not me." her eyes were on fire. She took some potion from the table next to her. "Drink it, it will stop the hangover." she almost throw it into his hands. Beau frowned and drank it. Then she angrily turned around.
"Fucker.." she said quietly for herself and went towards the sleeping bard. The mayor maybe didn't hear it what she said but the witcher did. He already knew that he'll make that bastard suffer for how he was treating her. Geralt then followed her.

"You were very strict on the mayor.." Geralt told her when he appeared next to her.
"I must be. If he is drunk, he cannot do his stuff. I don't have any protection then. Many people already don't like me in this town.." she explained calmly. But Geralt noticed her frustration.
"But he's definitely not the right guy to protect you either." Geralt stated.
"No, he's not. But I need money, so I don't have many options."
"And I don't like how he behaves to you." Geralt continued.
"Since when you care about me?" she gave him surprised look.
"Since you started taking care of me." he smiled a bit.
She gave him long stare but she didn't say anything on it.
"I looked at his throat while you were taking bath." she changed topic.
"What do you think?" Geralt pretended he wasn't hurt that she didn't answered on his comment.
"It's dark magic but not very usual. Some muscles are damaged but it haven't reached the vocals chords yet. I did some spell to stop the damaging but it won't last long. We need to figure it out what exactly attacked him and quickly." Yennefer explained.
"Will he sing again?" Geralt was worried.
"I don't know, now we can only hope." she told him honestly. Geralt looked at her with sad eyes.
"I'll bring the pitcher then." he went towards his bag. After couples of seconds he returned back with the pitcher in his hands.
"Where's the signet?"
"In this." he put some small sachet on the table and opened it. "It broke when Jaskier was attacked." Geralt explained.
"I hope my spell will be enough to repair it." she got a proper look at it.
"I hope it will.." Geralt was watching her. She raised her eyes on him, then without words she took the pitcher from his hands and started looking at it. Geralt let her.
"I thought the witchers can read the Elder speech.." she was teasing him.
"Well, we can read some things but this words were hard even for me."
Suddenly they heard a strong hit to the ground. They both looked that way.