Chapter 16-Fear Of Denial Or Acceptance

Hands on either side of her face Amberley sighs one last time as she looks at herself in the mirror. "How should I do this?" She spoke outloud then gave up by placing her hair up in a high ponytail.

"Where do you think you're going?" Myrna eyed Ley with a raised brow and cheeky smile.

"To the Golden Dawn," Ley replied as the eldest of the sister walks in.
"Perfect I'm heading there myself," Nurren yawns casually.

"Oh really what for?" Ley suspicious of her crosses her arms above her cleavage.

"My kids want to see my room there plus I have some sketches to retrieve," she answers as Amyas and Amias yawn sleepily clinging on to either side of her arms. "You two ready?" With a nod to her Nurren lifts the two up in her arms as they rest in them. A ripple of blue appears in front of Ley who hops with Nurren right behind her.

"See ya," Ley bids Nurren goodbye as she walks the opposite direction. She was here for a plan of her own. To have a girls day with Mimosa, Noelle, Amore, and Dahliana.

"Oh hi your here rather early here to deliver another important letter Amberley?" Mimosa casually greets the female who shakes her head no then sits beside her.

"I wanted to ask if you were free today for a girls day with Dahliana, Noelle, Amore, and me," Ley admits.

"I-I'm sorry I can't we have a mission today," Mimosa close eye smiles.
"Oh ok it's fine then," Ley sits up about to open a portal only to be cut off by a ball of multicolored mana just like the day of the Star Festival.
"Ley?" Mimosa pondered seeing Ley's eyes widen. In walks Langris who had follow the mana trail to her. The two share looks.

Hers being of worry and guilt while his were of curiosity and joy with a calm exterior though his eyes genuinely betrayed him as his body moves on its own reaching out to hers. She backs away averting her gaze from his. He reaches out once more only for her to stumble into someone. With a brief apology to the person she backs away from them. "My apologies I seem to be having a rather ill day. Please continue on with what you all were previously doing," She pleas then opens a rift beside her.

............................

"Why are we in a library?" Amias questions as Amyas awes at the sight of various books.

"My room's hidden behind one of the shelves," She informs the two who stare around confused as she stops in front of one. Letting go of their hands they watch as she reaches up to a red book cover with a golden sun emblem on the spine. She tilts it down causing the shelf to move like a slide door the three walk in.

"Look at all these," Amias smiles suddenly at a table where she'd constantly mix herbs and create mana infused gadgets.

"This one looks like us," Amyas says holding a lab book out to a rough sketching of them next to math formulas. Nurren bites back her tongue. She never told them about the plans to create them seeing as it was an obvious success and that their fathers had no clue about it.
"There's something written on the bottom, but it's kind of smeared," Amias squints as if it'd help. "Mom can you tell me what it says?"

"Uh ....," given the sketchbook her heart skips a beat. "You're both ten years old so I'll tell you the truth .... I made you two in a lab," She confesses averting their gaze. "I took a strand of DNA from them. One still thinks that we're mere friends because I'm to afraid of what's tied to him while the other betrayed this," she says placing a hand over her heart.

Amias eyes widen at the news while Amyas frowned. "That's why it's almost in shards?" Amyas spoke up. They knew that she had hidden something from them but for the news to hurt her heart even if they had hardly seen her they could tell that she still loved them with the sad smile she forced upon her lips.

Amias & Amyas thoughts:

Why would they hurt her so much? Were they like granny Mora? But then why does she smile when she mentions them? Does she hate us? Is that why she left us for so long?

No she wouldn't just leave us and come back besides she brought us here with her. That has to mean she loves us right? Does that mean she still love them too? But why would she love someone who hurt her?

3rd POV
"Le coeur a ses raisons (The heart has its reasons)," she quoted to the two who knew it to be a family motto then see her cough. Tears on the brim as she faces away from the two she looks down at her shaky palms. She had cough up a vary of flower petals alongside blood. She takes a moment to hide the petals in a near by container then looks over at her kids with a hand over her mouth. "Seems breakfast isn't settling in well."

"You could have food poisoning,"  Amyas upset held on to her.
"We should take you to Amore she could help," Amias admitted.
"She's on a training expedition with the Crimson Lions right now so I'm afraid not," Nurren close eye smiles as she pulls the two in a hug.

"Mom ..... What else are you hiding from us?" Amyas voice cracked.
"Your mom's very sick and there's only one cure to it that I'll never be given and can not be taken only received," She spoke to the two as she lets go of them.

"Yo-"

"It's okay because what time I have left I'd like to spend it with my sons that I love so much. Tears aren't meant to be shed just yet," she giggles as she stands back up. "You two have gotten taller. I'd say your both 4'0 now though the average height should be 4'6 for your ages, but I'm sure you both will grow more once puberty happens."

"I hope so I don't want to turn out short like you," the two say in unison with blank faces causing her to sweat drop. They picked up her habit.

.............................

"Forget me nots," Zephyren spoke in a reflection. She had just cried up mentioned flower petals in a sink.

Knock

Knock

"Ren? You in there?"
"Yeah I'm here Zora."

Ridding herself of the flowers she cleans herself up then walks out. "Since we're already married I need to introduce you to my family," Zephyren pulled by the waist to his chest she wraps her arms around his neck as he snakes his arms around her waist protectively.

"Right ..... Long's they don't take you away from me again," Zora sighs resting his chin on top of her head.
"No one's taking me from you," Zephyren assures him.

.................................

Paused in her step Amore watches as a single blue flower bloom among rubble. "Blue iris are said to symbolize hope," a voice seem to whisper in her ear.

Amore POV

Stiff I slowly turn to see a pointy eared woman in a white dress. Suddenly the demolished area was covered in snow. "Humans don't usually travel this far in the mountains," She giggles.
"What are you?" My body moved on its own.

"I'm an elf silly don't you know?" She questioned back.

"..... Aren't you cold?" I question the female.

"Yeah a little," she clearly lied shivering.

"Here," handing my cloak to the stranger then suddenly engulfed by light I reappear placing a head piece in the stranger's hair. I could see her face clear as day.

The silky straight blonde hair, her tanned skin, and honey eyes. "Does it look bad?" The blonde questioned.
"Not at all you look beautiful as always," I feel myself smile as I stroke the female's cheek lovingly.
"Hope we're not interrupting but a wedding among the stars in secret needs to be sped up," a woman that resembled Nurren spoke.
"Are Lieve and my sweet sis Lubov ready?" another woman that resembled Amberley spoke.
"You're right .... Sorry Lunalia," Lieve then looks over at Ley," ... Claire."