Chapter 18-Kaleidoscope

"I see that everyone has gathered. Let us start the Royal Knights Selection Exam then ....!"

"The magic emperor!!!"

"The king shall explain."

"The exam consists in a .... TEEEEAM BASED ..... CRYSTAL DESTRUCTION BATTLE TOURNAMENT!!!" The king Augustus Kira Clover XIII announces.
Amberley being the only sister to partake in it while Myrna had decided to sleep in, Amore came to help in healing, Dahliana and Zephyren were invited to watch along with her kids, and Nurren went on a trek to the Golden Dawn's hideout with her sons. "YOU WILL HAVE TO DESTROY THIS CRYSTAL!" The crystal above him glows. "THE RULES ARE SIMPLE! PROTECT THE CRYSTAL LOCATED IN YOUR AREA AND DESTROY THE CRYSTAL OF THE OTHER TEAM TO WIN!!"

"If the limit of 30 minutes passes without the complete destruction of the crystal, the degree of damage to the crystal caused will determine the winner. Er ........ The reason we chose the method is errrr ..... Ehmmmm ..... Uhhhhhh ....," the king trails off.
"We will need many magic knight squads to cooperate against the battle against the Eye of the midnight Sun. But cooperation and pure power won't be enough when the battle comes. We thought that this type of exam would be best to measure your strategic thinking," Julius explains for the king.

"I SHALL NOW ANNOUNCE THE TEAMS!!"

Seeing their names on the 'board' created by mana Amberley and Amore frown. Amberley was teamed with Finral. If they recall Amore would most likely have to heal Finral's injuries with bad luck seemingly swamped over him due to family. "Excuse me ~~~ I'm late ~~~," a certain red haired male in a purple Orca's cloak cuts in making his presence known. "Well, our good and noble magic emperor ..... Will forgive a little tardiness, right?"

He casually placed an arm over the wizard king's shoulders as if they were old friends. "Zachs Lugner. Nice to meetcha," 'Zachs' introduces the repeatedly pats Julius shoulder. "You see, there was this sweet old granny, all troubled on the side of the road. As a magic knight I had to help her, so I was late! Apologies!"

"I see ...! Is the old lady alright?"
"Oh yes. She's doing great."

"Mama," Rodia whispers tugging on Zephyren's cloak. "He looks like the doll you have in your room."
"He's the magic knight from the stories, isn't he?" Daira inputs.
"Yes he is," Zephyren answered her. "He's the one that gave me it."

"Then that means ...," Zarya trails off earning a smile from her mother.
"Sssh ....... Enjoy the test," Zephyren hushes her girls who nod as they look.
"Step away, insolent fool ....!" Marx with mana concentrated in his palm aims for 'Zachs'. Blasting it forth Zachs jumps off carelessly.
"Whoops! Hey now, that was dangerous! What are you doing, all of a sudden?!" 'Zachs' lands with his hands in his pockets.

The other magic knights cause an uproar due to 'Zachs' lack of respect to Julius.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?"
"The magic king is one of the few men our boss respects!!"

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THE MAGIC KING!?!"

Clacking her staff to the ground Zephyren catches everyone's attention then waves off to Julius as if to say continue on. Julius nods in response then holds his hands up with a closed eye smile."Everybody, please calm down," Julius says.

"Oh, I get it ... Everyone respects the great magic king, huh ...," 'Zachs' looks down scratching the back of his head with one hand while the other held his purple cloak. "But I don't have a shed of respect for him! Don't go pushing your values on me, small fry!!!"

Walking up to Asta he holds his hand out. "Anyways looks like we're on the same team so let's get along, yeah?"
"..... Got it!" Asta shakes his hand. Letting go of it a rainbow beetle emits a repulsive stench. Eyes watery Asta shouts," THIS STIIINKS!!"
"KIHIHIHI! This is the smelliest insect in the Clover Kingdom, the rainbow beetle!" 'Zachs' states.