26

Previously

"You're smile lights up the whole room, and makes everyone around you happy, especially when it's a genuine smile, you make everyone laugh with you clumsiness, you somehow control Bakugo and that helps everyone, you are there when people are down and you lift their spirits, and most of all, you are you, and I know in the beginning that was just a mask, a part you were play, but it became the true you, it let you describe yourself" Todoroki said not looking me anymore,

"all of class 1-A loves you, you are our class sunshine" those words for some reason, made me so.... happy

~<Kirishima's POV>~

I woke up in my bed under the covers, I looked around and I see red and white hair on the floor, I peek my head over and see Todoroki laying asleep I got up and groaned at the pain my arms were feeling. I jump to hear my door get kicked, "OI I TOLD YOU TO MAKE ME BREAKFAST FAGGOT GET DOWNSTAIRS!!" He yelled with an extra kick at the door.

"Kirishima... who was that...?" I hear Todoroki's voice from behind me, 'crap he woke up' "u-uh well I guess I can't lie now, that was just my dad" I said looking away. I looked at me thinking I was joking, but when I stayed quiet, his face changed, the only thing I could describe it as is relatability...

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinched, not being used to very gentle behavior in this house, "to be honest, it explains a lot about you, most people wouldn't notice, but on many occasions you would sneak in the training area instead of going home, you're always on guard and when Yamada Sensei uses his quirk you flinch, because his yelling reminds you of your father" he said, reading me like a book, "jeez I'm really that bad huh?" I said scratching my neck. He shakes his head, "no you are actually very good at hiding it, you are so happy and cheerful that those subtle hints are drowned out... hey how can you do that, still smile even after everything Kirishima?" Todoroki said looking at me.

I looked at him surprised, "wait wait wait, you're asking me for advise while you just helped me because I cut myself so much I passed out, and you want my advice?" I said confused, but he just nodded, "well I lie to myself... I continue to laugh and be happy, and just smile, when I'm reality.... it's just a bunch of Empty smiles... I tell myself, if I show how I'm really feeling, there are two ways it could go,  they could leave me saying I'm weak and just over exaggerating things, or they would pitty me and feel bad for me. I don't like either of those so I decide to smile and empty smile, and laugh a meaningless laugh, when really I want to cry. But over time I guess the fake happiness became real happiness if that makes sense, I thought my friends loved me but I guess I was wrong. ....Something, brought me down recently and that's when the voice started, and if I'm quiet for to long... It gets so loud.." I drift off and look at Todoroki, "so if you see me stressing of panicked in silence, please talk to me..." I gave him a weak laugh, and he looked at me.

"I won't pry but I have a question are yo-" BAM "OI USELESS!!! IF YOU DONT GET DOWNSTAIRS RIGHT NOW I WILL BEAT YOUR ASS SO MUCH YOU WILL WISH TOY WERE NEVER BORN!! Oh wait you already wish that!!" He laughs than stops, "and stop talking to yourself like a weird ass, before I melt this door and come in there!" He yelled banging on the door. I pointed to Todoroki with pleading eyes and motioned between him and under my bed. I nodded and crawled under the bed.

•okay sorry there is gonna be a POV switch this chapter, so if you no like I is sorry(I'm having terrible grammar on purpose so don't freak out -3-) okay but yeah POV switch cUs iT nEeDs To HaPpEn!! Okay byeee•

~<Todoroki's POV>~

I crawled under the bed my mind racing, but I couldn't show that, I don't want him scared. The bed had little to no room for moving so I layed there watching the his feet shuffle over to the door and slowly open it, there was a loud smack sound and I saw Kirishima stumble back. My eyes widened and reach for my phone, my dad was more into mental abuse than physical, there hasn't really been times he hits me other than training, and my mom was the one who made this scar, so I don't know what to do. I go there all the different things in my head in less than a few seconds.

"Didn't I tell you to stop locking that damn door!" He yelled and Kirishima stumbled back, "s-sorry dad.. I'll get breakfast done okay j-just go downstairs please I'll be down okay..." he said and I was about ready to go up in flames well and ic- my thoughts were I interrupted by a yell of pain and a thump. I see Kirishima on the floor and a pair of socks and sliders standing over him, "don't tell me what to do..." he said than slammed the door behind him.

I crawled out from under the bed and looked at him, he had a little blood coming out of his mouth and a red mark on his face that was forming into a bruise already. "Don't worry the blood in my mouth is just cus I bit myself when he punched me and I fell, nothing for you to worry about!" She said getting up and walking into the bathroom spitting out the blood.

I walked in, "why do you let that happen?" I said looking at him confused as he handed me his extra uniform, "well if I do fight back he uses his quirk and brings over his girlfriend, you know how I've been in the hospital?" When he said that everything clicked, he wasn't getting jumped, it was his father who hospitalized him. "Tell someone" I said looking at him, "it's not that easy, you know Tara right, she works with my mom and is watching my every move, and she knows about my dad, and she doesn't want me telling people and being happy" he said like it was nothing as he brushed his teeth.

He told me to go threw his window, and wait for him outside. I could hear yelling inside and glass breaking, than I see Kirishima burst threw the front door with food in his mouth and his backpack in his hand. He dragged me along with him to school as he was running.

When we got there, he took a deep breath and smiled. We walked in together and it was a few minutes till class starts so we headed to class and he sat in his seat and I stood by his desk as he talked to me, rambling about this one pro hero, 'I guess he likes this Crimson Riot, noted' I looked over and saw the rest of the Bakusquad walk in laughing and talking.

I shot them a glare as they walked over. "Why are you here?" I said still glaring, "cus were his friends, why are you here Half-n-half?" Bakugo said glaring back.