0

Dear Holland,

I can't say that I fell in love with you the first time we met because I honestly didn't. It wasn't some love at first sight bullshit, but I did eventually fall in love with you. I fell a little for you each day. I fell in love with you over lunches and dinners and our meaningful conversations. I fell in love with you because of your spirit, you're beautiful inside and out. I fell in love with you over everything, really.

The day we made a deal was indeed a day that changed the course of my life. You gave me something to look forward to every day, you gave me something to laugh about, something to get frustrated about. But no, never once had I regretted my decision. Or well, maybe for the day I found out you were dying. I couldn't take it. But I'm so glad I came back.

Meeting you had to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'm just sorry I took too long to realize that fact. I know you think I changed you and your life. But the truth is, you changed mine. Without you, I'd still be a thief, I'd still be a nobody in the streets. The day you defended me in the hotel is a day I will never forget. You fought for me even when I gave up fighting for myself. More than ever, I'm determined to lead a proper life. I'm determined to reenroll myself into a private institution and start all over again. I will get a job and I will fight for my way in life.

Thank you for the joy, the excitement, the warmth I feel when I'm with you. Thank you for being someone I can count on, a friend I can share my worries and woes to. I never had a friend in my life. We didn't have much time together, I wish with all my heart that we could have more.  A whole lifetime. But sadly that wasn't what we were given.

I will always remember you.

Thank you, thank you. Thank you, Holland Evans.

I'll see you soon,

Keenan Drew.