16

"Alright, give me a second. I swear I have it." He mumbled as he dug through his drawers again. He sprang up with a gold card and a car plate in his hand. "Yes! I found it!" 

We made our way down yet again and started our stroll towards the country club for the rich and well known. 

I brought the gold card to eye level and scrutinised it. 

"How the heck did you manage to get a hold of this card?" I asked as I held the membership pass in my hand. Mine was sitting snugly at home since I barely needed to go to the county club. I had a swimming pool, a heated spa and a tennis court right in my house. 

"All I can say is that I'm a super observant pick pocket." He winked at me.

"Tell me how."

"I just saw the PIN number for this card when I was walking past the country club one day. Dude didn't even bother covering up the keypad. Didn't take long for me to just swipe it from his wallet when he came out a few hours later. This was stolen in my earlier days when I was still practicing. Let's just hope he doesn't change the PIN number." 

"Wow."

"I know." He smirked before we finally reached the side gates of the expensive looking country club. 

He tapped the card on the sensor and a 'welcome, Mr Benner' lit up on the screen.

"Please key in your six digit PIN number on the keypad for access." The automated robotic voice sounded out.

He keyed in the six digits quickly with the jacket sleeve covering the pad of his thumb.

"You know, just in case."

"Please enjoy."

The gates swung open for the both of us and we quickly made our way to the underground car park. Keenan's eyes swept the whole car park before landing on the sleek matte black car parked in the lot to the far end of the basement.

"You stay here, there are no cameras overseeing this part of the car park."

Keenan scanned the carpark again, his eyes stopping at the cameras. I could hear the gears in his head spinning as he mapped out his route to the car. He pulled out the keys which I assumed was in Mrs Drew's purse the morning he stole it. 

"She must've towed it back home and gotten a spare key." I thought to myself. 

Keenan must have mapped his way to the car unspotted because he suddenly started crawling towards the car opposite me before standing up and dashing to the white car across the row. He used the next few cars in front as coverage and pressed the button to unlock the door just as he reached the expensive car. I knew there was a problem when the car didn't start for a long period of time.

"Uh, are you alright?"

"Holland. I think there's a pin for the car to start." He whisper shouted at me.

"A pin?" I frowned. 

"Yeah, fuck."

"Okay, hold up a second."

I copied Keenan's exact movements and finally got myself across and to where he was inside the car. 

"See? There's a fucking pin."

"Wait, this is the model of my car." I mused as I touched her dashboard.

"Yeah, does yours require a pin to start? I don't think I saw you keying in any number when you gave me a ride."

"Unwillingly," I added. "It did, at first. But I disabled it because it became too much of a hindrance."

"Oh. Wait," he frowned as he leant forward to press four simple digits. 

0-0-0-0

The engine came to life and I gasped in surprise. 

"How'd you guess?"

"It's the default setting. Since this model is relatively new, there's a pretty high percentage that Mrs Drew didn't change the setting." he shrugged. "Another problem, I don't have a driving license." He grinned at me.

We swapped seats and I started driving towards the exit.

"Okay, stop." Keenan ordered before getting off. He looked around and ensured there were no cameras before he hurriedly switched the license plate on the front and on the back of the car. Stashing the original plates in the boots of the car, he climbed back in.

"Go to the park, let me grab my sled." I complied and he retrieved it. Giving me directions which I followed extra cautiously, we reached another park. I parked the car in one of the many empty lots and switched off the ignition. 

"Here seems like a suitable place to murder me." I muttered.

"How'd you know?"

I sighed. 

"Come on." He held my hand, leading me up the long flight of wooden staircase. 

I smiled when I caught sight of the empty slope down free of trees or any kind of obstruction.

"M'lady, would you do the honors?"

"Is this actually safe?" I asked timidly.

"We just stole a car. This is nothing compared to that, alright." He reasoned.

"I'm still kinda scared."

That's how Keenan and I ended up in the small sled together. 

"You're sitting on my thigh." Keenan yelped as I plonked myself down on him.

"Sorry." I rushed as I shifted forward. 

"Are you ready?"

"Well, not rea-"

He pushed us off the edge anyway.