10

The plane touched down in Dubai International Airport. Keenan was back to normal again, annoying the living shit out of me at every possible moment that he can.

"Knock knock." Keenan grinned from ear to ear when he saw the scowl that immediately formed on my face.

"Who's there?" I sighed in defeat.

"Tank."

"Tank who?"

"You're welcome."

"What? Keenan, that's incredibly lame. Think of better ones would you?"

"What? Is that not good?"

"That really sucked."

"By the way, have your parents not noticed you missing?"

"I-" My phone rang. "Speak of the devil." I picked up the phone.

"Mum."

"Holland, where have you been? I couldn't find you yesterday."

I don't correct her that it's been a little more than a week already.

"Classes have been overwhelming, I needed to take a breather. I slept over at my friend's place. No need to worry about me."

"Okay, goodbye. I'll see you at home soon, right?"

"Yeah."

"Wow."

"Yeah. She didn't even notice me missing for the past one week. I bet she just needed my help to run one of my fathers errands."

"What is something you did as a child your parents don't know about?" He jumped topics quickly.

"Hmm, I used to line the emptied tin cans in a line to see if I could aim my pee into any of them."

Keenan does not say anything.

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard someone do."

I laughed harder when I noticed the horror on Keenan's face. The taxi pulled up on front of another grand looking hotel that I'd booked last minute. Because it was so rushed, there was only one available suite left for the next two nights.

Keenan looked unbothered by the fact that he was going to be sharing a room with me. I however, was still a little uncertain. What if there were no doors to the bathrooms?

Okay, stop overthinking everything, Holland.

I checked in and walked into the room with awe. My amazement was cut short when my phone suddenly pinged with a reminder from my university that I was dangerously close to not hitting the specified attendance requirements for the semester.

I finally made my decision to terminate my classes at the prestigious university.

I know exactly how screwed I was by doing so. However, for the first time in my life, I didn't bother with the repercussions. These are the things people do when they know they are doing to die.

I booked the desert tour which was inclusive of a camel ride for tomorrow while I was still on the phone.

"I'm taking the right side of the bed." I called dibs.

"Whatever. Don't blame me when I spoon you since I-"

"Okay, fine. You can take the right."

"I was joking. You paid for this luxurious room. You get to choose."

Where did this chivalrous Keenan come from? Next thing I knew, all the marble statues on display outside the lifts would just start talking.

I squinted at him skeptically.