"Keenan Drew! Get up now! The breakfast bar is closing in forty five minutes!" I hollered at the top of my lungs as I rapped my knuckles on the dark wooden door opposite mine.

I was dressed and all ready to head downstairs for breakfast. A very grumpy looking Keenan opened the door.

"Okay!" He grumbled before slamming the door back in my face.

"Alright. I brought very few clothes so this will have to do." He said after five minutes. He pulled open the door. The floral button down shirt was fitting for him and the brown kaki pants matched it perfectly. He didn't bother doing his hair so it stuck in all directions. It was kinda cute, though.

Keenan gave me a head to toe look. I self consciously adjusted my loose singlet. My black and white patterned bikini top could easily be seen through the thin material. I kept my gaze firmly on his eyes.

"Let's eat." I snorted as my stomach rumbled loudly.

We made our way down to the impressive breakfast bar. There was almost every single kind of fruit served and a smoothie making machine by the side. There were rows and rows of various topping for different flavored yoghurts. Keenan dove straight for the crepes and I went for strawberry waffles. The queue was relatively long for the waffles and I subconsciously pulled open the app I always use to memorize the law terms and articles.

Suddenly, a shrill sound came from the blending machines and I whipped my head back to find out what was wrong. To my utter horror and surprise, I looked back only to find a familiar face with guilty grey eyes staring back at me. I closed my eyes and mentally slapped Keenan Drew to hell and back. I looked away quickly and pretended not to know him. Grabbing my readied plate of strawberry syrup soaked pancake, I slowly walked back to my table.

I snuck another glance at the disastrous scene in front of me. The lid hadn't been placed on properly when the blender was used, resulting in the watermelon pieces and juice spraying all over the polished floor. Unfortunately, since the lid was hard plastic, it managed to crack the decorative tainted glass panel by the entrance of the bar.

Keenan was already crouching down to clean the mess up, alongside the hotel worker.

"What a stupid thing to do." I heard a middle aged woman mutter from beside me.

"You would know immediately that he doesn't belong here." Her husband said, indicating the difference between Keenan and their status quo. I knew because I had heard it from my own parents many times before. I froze and Keenan stiffened. I saw his eyes harden. I winced, how'd he manage to hear what he said?

I spun to face him.

"Don't you dare talk to my friend like that." I snarled. When had I ever been this fiery. I was beginning to like this version of me.

"Or what?" She challenged back.

This was the problem with people.

"Or you'll be getting a lawyer's letter. Because I'll bring you to court for verbally insulting him. In article 45a, the law clearly states that-"

"Alright, I'm done fighting with you. I want to enjoy my breakfast in peace."

"Hey-" I started as they walked away. I glared at the both of them as they collected their plates and shifted to the furthest end of the room.

The mess was gone and it was as though everything had settled back to normal again.

I watched as the hotel manager approached Keenan, presumably to ask for compensation of the glass panel. I sighed annoyed. I rushed to get my credit card from my wallet before making my way toward the two.

"Keenan, here's your credit card." I passed my card to him. His eyebrows creased in confusion before he finally realized I was saving him from embarrassment.

"I think I might have forgotten the pin."

I keyed in my pin and $1200 got deducted from my account to repair the crack in the stupid glass.

Once everything was settled, I barely managed to get a bite of my waffle when the text from Mr Marco pinged in my phone. I sighed loudly before exiting the room to the lobby.

"Hey Holland," Keenan grabbed my arm as I walked toward the black Mercedes.

"What."

"You don't have to save me like that anymore." Keenan said.

"Then stop breaking things."

"Not that."

"Then?"

"You didn't have to defend me against those people." He jutted his chin at the ill mannered couple.

"No, I didn't. But I did because I hated the way they spoke about you. I-"

"But they're right. I don't belong here."

"It doesn't give them any right to say that."

We got into the car but the tension was already hanging in the air.

Awhile later, Keenan lapsed back into his usual chirpy mood and everything was fine again. The sun was at its peak and it was sweltering hot. Perspiration beaded down my neck, drenching my shirt.

"It really is immensely hot." I sighed as I yet again flicked the used tissue into the small paper basket.

"Oh, really. My apologies." Keenan said as I threw him a playful glare.

We pulled up in front of a rocky terrain.

"We've reached."

"I...don't see the water?" I asked hesitantly. I could hear the crashing waves but I couldn't see it amidst the dense trees.

"Yeah. You will have to walk on straight for about three minutes before you'll reach the end of the cliffs. Just dive right in there!"

"Oh. Right. Uh, how do we climb back up?" Keenan scratched the back of his neck.

"Swim to the right after your jump. A beach would slowly come into view. There is a staircase from the beach leading up to the road. Wait for me there, it's more convenient for the both of you. What time would you need me there to pick you up?"

"Around 5? We could go for dinner straight afterward." I looked at Keenan and he nodded.

"Oh! Before I forget, here are the burgers you told me to get." Marco grabbed the paper bags that sat beside him on the passenger seat and passed them to me.

"Thanks!" I smiled and winked at Keenan who looked pleasantly surprised.

We took off toward the path that would lead us to the cliff. I've never felt more excited.