18

Keenan flashed a card in front of the staff and the staff took the card, matching its credentials against the marine club's database.

"Good morning, Mr Robinson, have a lovely day."

"Thank you." Keenan replied before pulling me through the gantry.

"Mr Robinson?" I choked out, laughing. I looked back at the clueless staff before bursting out laughing again.

"Yep."

"Where'd you even get that card anyway?" I took the card from him, tilting it and watching it gleam in the sunlight.

"I-"

"Do I even want to know?"

"Whatever."

"No, yes. I do."

"Swiped it right off the real Mr Robinson. Poor dude didn't even know. You're in luck today. The staff who served us is new, that's why he doesn't recognize that I'm not Robinson."

"Oh. How'd you know he is new?"

"It says new on his employee badge." He told me in a flat, bored tone. I ignored it and looked at the yachts parked in front of me. My father owned a few yachts, so this place wasn't anything new to me.

"What do you think of going for a ride?"

"Sure."

He jumped onto the deck of the yacht, presumably Mr Robinson's, and fumbled around the cooler boxes on the top.

"Hm, I swear he left them here the last time." He mumbled.

"That's alright." I patted his shoulder because he seemed genuinely upset that we couldn't go for a ride.

"But it would've been really fun." He grumbled as he hopped back onto the platform.

"Anyway-"

"Holland, what brings you here today?" A senior staff rounded the far end of the wooden planks and waved at me.

"Hi, Ben. Uh, I was just-"

"Your father isn't here today, are you here to find him?"

"Uh, no. This is my friend. He's just visiting. I thought it would be cool to bring him around to see the yachts."

"That's nice."

"Yeah, he uh, loves boats."

"Okay, you both have yourselves a good day."

I caught sight of my father's yacht and suddenly I had an idea.

"Uh, Ben. Could you give me the keys to my father's yacht?"

Ben looked at me skeptically.

"I want to bring my friend for a round around the area."

"Oh yes! I've seen you on the move a few times, pretty impressive, I've got to admit." He said brightly. "Wait here, I'll get the keys for you."

I nodded.

"Why do you leave the keys with the staff?" Keenan looked at me.

"They conduct regular maintenance for their guests."

"Here you go!" Ben said as he passed the set of keys to me.

"Thank you." I beamed, flashing my best smile and tossed the keys into the air, catching them again swiftly.

"Have fun,"

"Oh, definitely."

As soon as Ben was out of sight, I pulled Keenan after me toward one of the biggest yacht at the platform.