"It's beautiful." I muttered at the sight in front of me. We finally entered the clearing after nearly getting lost taking the wrong right. I stood at the edge of the cliff and took in the crystal clear water beneath.

"Oooh!" Keenan joined in my admiration, stopping beside me.

"After so many years of staring at crystal clear waters and blue skies online. I cant believe I'm finally here."

"Why did you wait all those years before finally coming? You're uber rich. You can easily book yourself a holiday here." Keenan seemed genuinely baffled. I placed the breakfast bags and my picnic mat under a tree a few feet away from the edge.

"I always had too many things to do." I sighed.

"Why're you so free now?"

"I..." am dying. "...finally got brave enough?"

"Alright, then-" Keenan grunted as took off his shoes, shirt and pants, dumping them on the ground. "-let's go!"

He ran to the edge of the cliff and whooped before taking off into the air. Time stood still for a moment as I stared at him wide eyed in amusement.

Wow.

I ran to the edge just in time to catch him break the surface of the water, creating countless ripples. It didn't look like a perfect dive, but at least it didn't look like it hurt.

I grinned and cheered like a maniac.

It wasn't long before his head popped out from the water and he lifted his pretty face up to look at me. He whooped loudly and gave me a thumbs up.

"My turn!" I yelled. I yanked my singlet and shorts off hastily. I took a few steps backward before sprinting to the edge. I stopped and gasped. The pain shot through my chest, ending as a dull pain in my heart. I crouched down, tears filling me eyes.

"This is impossible." I whimpered.

"Holland, what's wrong? Are you afraid?"

I shook my head, forgetting he couldn't see me.

"Remember what you're doing this for. You'll be fine." He assured me.

I'm doing this. I'm doing this to live.

I stood up on shaky knees and sprinted once again. I took a deep breath and jumped.

I shut my eyes tightly closed and waited for the impact of the water.

I opened my eyes slowly when I felt nothing.

I was in a freeze frame.

Time stood still while I took my time admiring the clear water that went on for eternity. I could see the colorful fishes swimming from a distance and small sailboats floating atop the water. I could see Keenan's cheery face looking up at me and I suddenly wished he could be happy forever.

I smiled and relaxed and time went on again.

And then I understood why time stopped for me. I had feared the fall when I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to enjoy it as it came.

I yelped the minute the cold water engulfed me, seeping through my skin and freezing me to my very core. I floated back up to the surface before the pain registered in my brain.

"Ouch, that must've hurt." Keenan winced sympathetically.

I groaned. I must've landed on more surface area than I intended.

"Even though this isn't as fun as skydiving, I don't quite regret it." I smiled slowly as I threaded water.

"I think I enjoyed both really really much."