We need good grades

"I'm finished," complaints RM.

He got good grades from Math. Art class ruined his scores. His points would be a little above zero by now.

"What's the use in studying? We could never get good grades from all of the lessons..."

RM isn't the only one who looks down hearted. By the end of month, all of them could be fish food.

Jungkook asks, "Don't you see the list? Sport games earn a lot of points."

"I'm suck at sports and arts," laments RM.

Jimin adds, "Math is killing my brain."

He makes a gesture as if his head is smoking fire. The others laugh for a while.

Jimin might not be the smartest person in class. Not an athlete. He is the mood maker in their cabin. Hard to hate someone whom could make you smile when you're down.

Suga complaints, "A team is formed based on cabin occupants. I'm the only basketball player here."

Jungkook lies down before you comments, "Wished I have RM mind and Suga's body."

He is almost fallen asleep when suddenly  someone hits him.

"You're genius!" yells Jin while hitting Jungkook again.

"Ouch! That's hurt!"

Jin says, "We should combine our strength. Ask Suga to teach us basketball. RM teaches us Math. V should..."

His gaze meets with Vante and his voice disappears. Vante is squinting his eyes again. He looks pissed off.

Suddenly Vante smiles and he says, "It's a good idea."

Jin exhales his breath. That's a relief. Vante is too quiet and he looks scary sometimes.

RM nods his head.

He says, "I'm good in Math and other lessons. Art escaped me. It felt like alien languages or another dimension."

The other boys laugh heartily. That's how they felt about Math.

*****

Another day, another lesson.

The boys are confused when the guards goaded them into few mini kitchens.

The food ingredients have been cut for them. They are neatly stored in plastic jars. All the cooking utensils are made from plastic or wood. The only steel items are small stainless pots used for cooking and boiling. Electric stoves are used to prevent fire in the kitchen.

A tall slender man in his mid thirties arrives.

He warns, "I've been telling them it's a waste of time. Crooks shouldn't be taught anything. Just throw the key and forget them."

"Are you telling we are garbages?" asks a teenager boy.

Jungkook is usually an easy going kid. But sometimes he could be scary. His head is tilted and he stares the cook with unblinking eyes.

"No, no, forget what I said. It's cooking time, everyone. Get ready for the chaos."

Heating brown sugar, boiling sweet potatoes. Glazing the potatoes with the melted sugar. It's a very simple process. Hardly anyone could make a mistake.

"Look, guys! This is magic!" claims Jungkook.

He flips the plate upside down. None of the sweet potatoes fall down. They are stuck to the plate.

"Today I invented magic glue."

Vante bursts out laughing for the first time in months. His cabin mate is staring him as if they just saw him for the first time.