9. Just another day at Campus

Jin looks around. The class is almost empty. Almost all the students have left after the class is over. He stares down to the exam paper in his hands. He got perfect score. He has series of good scores lately.

Suddenly a classmate sits on a chair in front of him. He turns around to face Jin.

He warns, "You should stop this."

"What?" asks Jin.

"Mingyu is at the top of the class before you arrived."

"What's that supposed to..."

"Just be careful. You don't want to make him angry. It ain't worthy."

His classmate has gone before Jin could ask any further.

It's true that Mingyu got everything. Good looks, brain, wealth and popularities. He is like a King in this Campus. Everyone seems to worship the ground he has stepped on.

Jin shrugs his shoulders. He is one of the best students in his major: business and social sciences. He got in through scholarship. He couldn't let his grades to slide because Mingyu won't be happy.

*****

Suga calls, "Hey, Ajumma!"

Jisoo turns around and she asks, "What did you call me? I'm not that old yet!"

She pinches his ear and Suga pushes her hand gently from him.

"It hurts, Ajumma."

"Listen here, Min Yoon-gi. I'm only 27 years old. Stop calling me Ajumma (auntie). I'm not forty yet. Call me Noona (older sister)."

Suga folds his hands. He is pouting.

He says, "I will call you Ajumma if you kept calling me by that stupid name."

"Min Yoon-gi? That's your name."

"Call me Suga like anyone else," protests him.

Jisoo asks, "Suga? You aren't sweet like sugar. You are sour like vinegar. I never see anyone slacking off like you."

"I'm not..."

"Your grades are falling like dead flies. That's what I called lazy."

Suga yells, "You know nothing about me!"

"Well, enlighten me! What is happening to my Min Yoon-gi?"

"I'm just tired!"

Suga leaves the office. He should have known better than coming there. Jisoo is annoying as usual. She is the only one insisted calling him by his real name.

He closes his eyes. Feeling the warm sunlight bathed his body.

Jisoo shakes her head. Yoon-gi is a good kid. If only he would study more, he could pass the exams easily. He used to smile more. Before his mom passed away. Before his father dumped him and remarried again.