10.A change of heart

Trash on his usual seat.

Jin stares them with disgust on his face. This is one childish act. He stares around him. Too many smiling faces. People are expecting him to be angry. To yell out of despair. He shows no emotion at all.

He only wears a pairs of plastic gloves when he removes the trash. He throws it to a garbage bin.

When he got back, his seat has been sprayed with red paint.

"You could never deleat Mingyu!"

Jin folds his hands and he mocks, "Anyone who wrote this, please use your dictionary. It should be defeat. Not deleat."

Jin takes an empty chair nearby to replace his dirty one. He puts his old chair in front of the class. A teacher comes in and he stares the chair. He stares Jin but he says nothing at all.

The teacher only says, "Open page 63. Today we would learn about..."

Great! So the teacher would close his eyes when a student got bullied.

Jin looks around him. Students are staring him. Few of them look curious. Others are laughing.

Mingyu just walks into the class without showing any remorse for being half an hour late. The teacher says nothing to scold him.

He stares to the chair in front of the class. He sneers before he walks to his regular spot at the back of class.

His gaze meets with Jin when he walks passed him.

"Tough luck, newbie. You shouldn't have messed with me," says Mingyu softly.

The women change their seats to sit closer to him.

Jin pays no attention to them. He kept his focus on the whiteboard.

Suddenly he feels something hits his head. It's a paper ball. He picks it up. He straightens it.

"Leave! We doesn't want you here!"

Jin shrugs his shoulders. He kept his focus to his lesson again.

Finally the bell rings. It's time for lunch. Jin takes the paper ball and sticks it on the whiteboard using a little bit of tape.

He has circled the word doesn't.

He wrote, "Next time use don't. It shows how you need to improve your bad grammar."

Jin grabs his bag and he leaves the classroom. Fortunately he doesn't have anymore class today.

Sharon Rose University is one of the best University in Korean.

Did they bully you like this, Alice? Have they gone too far? Did they break your wings? Make you see nothing but dark and bleak future?

Jin closes his eyes. Thinking how Alice might have been hurt. His little sister is always a cheerful girl. Jin has seen how a bullied victim changed afterwards. Like they're dead inside.

I will find you, Alice. I would never let anyone hurt you again.

Irene is staring him from a distance. Jin looks sad again. She wonders if something bad happened to him.

Her feet seem have their own mind. She's already stands beside him when she realizes it.

"Are you okay?" asks her worriedly.

"Nothing I couldn't handle."

"Irene! You're here!" greets Mingyu before he puts his arms on her waist.

Jin just walks away. Irene bites her lips. She kept her gaze on his back.

"Don't mind the newbie. He won't last long in this University," says Mingyu.