22. Butterfly

V kept washing his hands. Still he couldn't wash his bloody hands.

He finally got awakened from his terrible nightmare.

V is lying in a bed in a hospital ward. Jin quickly rises from his seat. He scans V's face for any shown madness.

Jin asks worriedly, "How do you feel?"

"Drowsy..."

"You remembered anything?"

V chuckles.

He says, "I won the bet. Thought I'm going to die. It's extremely high jump..."

"V...I don't know how to say this..." mumbles Jin.

Suga has been awakened when they are talking. He has fallen asleep on a couch earlier.

He says abruptly, "You stabbed Jimin. He is in ICU."

"What? Impossible!"

V stares Jin and his friend only nods his head. He stares to his hands. The nightmare makes senses now.

"Jimin...Jimin..."

Jin says, "Jimin would make it. He is like a cockroach. He wouldn't die even anyone tried to kill him."

"Jimin...Jimin..."

V is unable to say anything. He could only whispers his friend's name again and again.

He suddenly rises from his bed.

"I must see him," says V.

Suga shakes his head.

He comments, "You have been drugged. Rest until the effects wear off."

"I must see Jimin!"

Suga pushes him back into the bed.

"Rest. Or Jin shall knock you out again," threatens Suga.

V weeps a little. To think he could kill his best friend.

Jin says, "Not your fault. The drug created hallucinations. He even put a knife in your hand. All has been planned."

"Why? Why? Why?"

Suga and Jin couldn't answer V.

Jin walks to stare out a window.

Jungkook and RM are helping the police to solve the case. J-HOPE is sitting in front of ICU. He would tell them if there's improvement in Jimin's condition.

The surgery was a success. But Jimin still hasn't passed critical condition.

V is still weeping. Suga gives him a good hug. He is never good in words. Sometimes he hates his weakness.

A knock on the door and a police officer has come.

"We could find no other witnesses. I'm sorry. But we have to interview you right now," says him.

Suga complaints, "He has been drugged! Can't you wait until tomorrow?"

"The track would be cold if we kept waiting."

V says hurriedly, "I'm okay. Just find who did this. He made me hurt Jimin..."

Jin says, "Let's talk outside, officer."

He talks with him for few minutes before they got back inside again.

The police officer asks numerous questions to V. He couldn't reply any of them. He was out cold during the whole incident. V doesn't even remember when he stabbed Jimin with the pocket knife.