Down with fever

Jungkook and Vante are heading to the spring. The others have gone to scavenger quest, hunting more foods. Berries aren't very filling for their stomachs.

"In a forest like this, felt like old days, Hyung," says Jungkook.

V asks, "You went to a forest before?"

"Yeah, with my big brother. He taught me everything about survival."

Jungkook's shoulders slump. His face saddened.

"What's your brother like?"

"He is taller than I. When I was smaller, I was often left alone. No one cared for me. Hyung was always there for me..."

Jungkook looks another way.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you sad."

"We are here to find food. Stop wasting time."

Jungkook grabs a bayonet and he tries to bamboozled a fish. He slips and falls into the small river.

He hits and splashes the water in his rage.

V laughs heartily. RM should be the one who did this. It was his idea.

Vante walks into deeper part when something sharp pierces his foot. He lifts it up and kills the fish which bite him.

"Got one," announces him.

His foot is bleeding but he ignores it. He kept hunting fish.

Easier said than done. It took them more than three hours before any of them got another fish.

Jungkook is squeezing his wet clothes. V is doing the same thing. They have hanged their clothes on trees to dry.

"Next time we are doing this, we take our clothes off first," says Jungkook.

"Agreed."

Jungkook is standing with his back lying against a large tree trunk.

Suddenly V notices a green and brown Vine is moving, creeping to Jungkook's arm. He quickly grabs it. The snake bites V's hand before he could throw it away.

Jungkook stabs the snake to death with his bayonet knife.

Vante has fallen to his knees. His body is shivering heavily.

"Come on, Hyung. Let's take you back."

Jungkook helps him to walk, leaving that spot. Vante collapses before they reach their new campsite.

*****

"How is he?" asks Jungkook.

He has just returned after searching for herbs. His late big brother has taught him how to find herbs for fever and other ailments. Hope he remembered correctly.

"Not much improvement. Don't think he would make it..." replies J-HOPE.

Vante is still having high fever.

RM shakes his head. He lifts a well done grilled snake.

He says, "Don't think this snake was a poisonous one. It must be something else..."

Jungkook kneels down and checks V's body. Nothing. He takes off his boots. He notices a small wound on his left foot.

He asks, "His left foot wounded. Do you think..."

"Infected. That would explain the fever. We must clean it thoroughly. Hope the ship come back for us soon. Only one day more..." replies RM.

The others have gone back to search for food and firewood. Leaving only Jungkook to tend V.