Chapter 21

*time skip*

Richie stared out of the classroom window, clicking and un-clicking his pen over and over whilst the teacher rambled on about biotic factors and other useless things. Eddie looked up from his notes and over at his boyfriend, to see if he really did daydream in class like he said, sighing when he saw the blank page on his book with only a title.

"What do you think he's thinking about?" Eddie nudged Stanley, signalling over at Richie.

Stanley glanced over at him before shrugging, "I don't know, the future? Our possible deaths? Climate change? Asking you out to the ball?"

Eddie smiled, "I like the last one."

"Yeah, let's hope it's the last one and not our possible deaths," Stanley huffed, returning back to his work.

Eddie continued to look at Richie, wondering what he was thinking about and if he was actually thinking about him, or anything to do with him, smiling at the thought of it.

[ meanwhile, in Richies head: *wii music theme song playing* ]

"Mr Tozier?! Are you or are you not with us??"

Richie suddenly snapped out of his gaze and looked up at the teacher who was standing right next to his desk, "huh? Oh, am I supposed to be with you? Cause the only person i'm with is your mom—" "Richard Tozier!" The whole class then burst out laughing, Stanley rolling his eyes and Eddie trying not to laugh too.

"Just for that comment i'll be having you at lunch for detention, and if you don't do your work then i'll make it after school too!"

Richie sighed and looked down at his paper, "fine.." he mumbled before rubbing his eyes through under his glasses as the teacher began speaking to the whole class again.

*time skip to 4th period*

"I can't believe you got detention Rich, I mean I'm not surprised but you seriously do need to start taking your school work more seriously now, I- I mean we're sophomores and I'm not gonna watch you just fail because you were daydreaming about who knows what-" Eddie ranted on, talking so quick that Richie didn't bother paying attention to what he was saying anymore.

"Also I think backchatting the teacher can seriously hurt your record- I mean what happens if you try to get a job and they see that one thing you did in 10th grade and then what?? Your whole life ruined just because you can't keep your mouth shut? Seriously, come on Ri—" "Wait Ed's-" Richie suddenly stopped walking, putting his hand on Eddie to make him stop too.

"Is that Bill and Stan..? And Bowers?" Richie looked over in the distance near the bleachers, squinting his eyes.

Eddie looked over and stepped a little closer before responding, "I- I think it is.. we have to help them..! Come on!"

They both then began sprinting towards them, the closer they got, the clearer they could see what was going on, Bowers had Bill pinned up against a post and Stanley was on the ground, his goons stopping him from getting up.

"What the fuck is happening?!" Richie spat, Eddie following behind him, hiding a little.

"Richie! Eddie!" Stanley yelled, scrambling to get up off of the ground, Eddie reaching over and helping him.

"You're lucky your little faggot friends are here, but next time? You won't be so lucky, fucking losers," Henry spat onto the ground right below Bill before releasing him, pushing him as he did and walking off with the rest of his goons. "Bill you okay??" Richie asked, pulling him towards them, "y-yeah i'm fine, you guys g-got here just in t-t-time.. any longer a-and I cant even b-begin to imagine what w-would've happened.."

"Yeah thanks guys.. you saved our asses," Stanley smiled, batting the dirt off of himself.

"What'd they want?" Eddie questioned, glancing at both of them.

"What they always want.. to hurt us.."

"Th-they didn't call you guys gay or anything did they?" Eddie gulped, "N-no.. why..? Should we be w-w-worried about th-them f-finding out..?" Bill raised an eyebrow.

Richie sighed and shook his head, "no Bill it's fine.. Bowers knows nothing, we were just checking that's all.."

All of them then headed to their fourth period classes, Stanley and Bill heading inside and Richie and Eddie heading over to the tracks.

*time skip to after school*

Richie and Eddie dropped their bikes in the front yard before heading into Richies house and going upstairs to his room. They unpacked all their biology stuff and began studying in silence, Eddie sitting at Richies desk and Richie laying on his bed.

After not even half an hour, Richie began clicking and un-clicking his pen, which was a habit he seemed to have for when he got bored, "do you mind??" Eddie frowned, spinning around in the chair to face his boyfriend, "what?" Richie asked, looking up from his book.

"You know what.."

Richie pouted and sat up, "I'm bored."

"Richie it hasn't even been half an hour yet what do you mean you're bored? Look, i'll help you," Eddie then climbed over onto Richies bed and sat next to him, examining the book. Before he had any time to read anymore of it, Richie groaned and pushed it away from him, "I know all of this stuff already," he huffed as Eddie tried to grab the book back, "then why am I here? You could've told me that if you didn't need help studying.."

"Yeah but when you said studying I didn't think you actually meant STUDYING, I thought you meant like.. making out or something.."

"What part of studying involves making out???"

"The part where I stick my tongue down your throat."

Eddie sighed and shook his head, finally grabbing the book back, "you really are a trash mouth, you know that right?"

Richie smirked and moved closer to Eddie before placing a soft kiss onto his neck, "come on Ed's.. you're killing me," he groaned, placing a hand over the book so he couldn't read it, "alright fine.. but we're getting back to studying in thirty minutes, okay??"

"A lot can happen in thirty minutes Ed's.."

"Shut up Rich."

"I know another way you could shut me up.." Richie grinned, his face moving closer to Eddies, before he knew it, their lips were pressed together and Eddies hands had made their way up to the back of Richies neck, while Richies were wrapped around his waist.

Richie pulled away from the kiss to tilt his head, slotting their lips together again, slipping in his tongue this time. As the kiss went on, both of them were too distracted by it to hear the car pulling into the driveway, the keys in the front door, the steps coming up the stairs and Richies bedroom door suddenly opening.

"Richard what did— Oh-"

Suddenly, both of the boys snapped their heads in the direction of the door, their eyes widening and their hearts racing as they saw Richies dad standing there in the doorway, absolutely frozen.