Chapter 32

A few hours before the party, Richie walked through the suburbs back to his house, his eyes glancing to the drains that he passed by every now and then. Eventually he couldn't take it anymore and stopped right in front of one, memory's of that summer over two years ago flashing through his mind.

pennywise, the cistern, Bill punching him in the face, Eddies broken arm, Georgie, Neibolt, the barrens, the missing kids, everything... oh, and also his feelings for Eddie that were hidden at the time, but that wasn't something he needed to worry about anymore.

He stared down at the drain, frowning, before picking up a rock from the ground and stepping back a little, throwing it as hard as he could into the drain.

"That's for everything you did to me and my friends you piece of shit!" he yelled, kicking more rocks into it aggressively.

"Fuck you!" *kick* "If you ever-" *kick* "come back-" *kick* "I'll fucking-" *kick* "kill you! You hear me? I'll kill you!!"

Richie paused for a second, still glaring down at the drain as if he was waiting for a response, knowing he sure as hell wouldn't get one. He sighed and shook his head, it was useless, pennywise was gone, for good, he had to be.

He went to turn around but quickly stopped himself to say one last thing, "j-just.. you better be gone.. and if you're not.. p-please don't hurt him, please, please don't hurt my Ed's.."

"Who you talking to?"

Richie suddenly looked up and adjusted his glasses, seeing some random kid who seemed to be around ten years old staring at him, "no one.. just go home, and don't go near the sewers, alright kiddo?"

"Why? What's in the sewers?"

"Uhh.. lots of shi— I mean- poop, lots of poop.. now shoo, or I'll fuck— um, take your mom out on a nice date."

The kid just continued to stare at him with a confused expression on his face, not moving, so Richie did the only logical thing and said:

"You wanna know what's in the sewers? Grey water, you know what grey water is? Basically piss and shit, just lots and lots of piss and shit, you ever heard of a staff infection? Cause that's what you'll get if you go down there, oh I don't even think you wanna know what it is, there's so many different diseases you could get if you go there, anyway, did I also mention the killer clown that lives there? Now shoo and get away from the drains before I roundhouse kick you in the face."

The kid instantly began screaming and running off down the street, crying out "mommy!", causing Richie to laugh to himself and begin heading back home, thankful for his boyfriends phobia of germs that inspired him to even say that in the first place.

*time skip*
(Richies party)

"Where is he?" Eddie checked the time on his watch for the 7th time, frowning as he read '7:20'.

"Don't worry Eddie, I'm sure he'll show up soon, just give him a little time," Mike reassured him.

Eddie sighed and walked over to Stanley who was putting drinks onto the table, pausing for a second to watch what he was doing before speaking, "you found out how Richie knew about the party yet?"

Stanley just shook his head, "nope, I thought you told him."

"No it wasn't me, I swear it."