Chapter 24

[ This chapters time skip is about 2-3 months forward, skipping to when the dance is, Eddie also has his cast off now ofc, and just keep in mind it's been that long since chapter 23 <3 ]

*time skip*
(2-3 months)

"I CANNOT believe I agreed to go to the ball with Eddie, what was I thinking?? This suit looks so stupid.." Richie groaned, looking at himself in the mirror with disgust.

"No.. what's stupid is that you waited until the last minute to get your suit, Richie you've had like three months, what the hell have you been doing?" Stanley sighed, looking up from his book as he sat on a seat outside of the changing rooms. Richie then opened the curtain and came outside, looking at Stanley unamused, "Look! Look at this stupid suit..!"

Stanley raised an eyebrow, "wow.. you actually look put together for once, but you've gotta fix your hair too.. and do you even know how to put on a tie?! What is that—??"

"What? What's wrong with my hair??" Richie asked, running a hand through it, "and what about the tie?"

Stanley shook his head in disappointment, "Richie that is not how you put on a tie..!"

Richie then pulled off the tie with a groan and face-palmed himself, "ugh I told you! I'm useless at this stuff! Maybe I should just tell Eddie i'm not going anymore.." he looked down at the ground. "No Richie.. look, you'll be fine," Stanley reassured him, standing up and putting the tie on Richie properly, "see? Nothing to worry about."

Richie looked up and smiled "thanks Stan the man.. you're gonna be my mental support while we're there."

"Isn't Eddie?"

"No because he's actually going to enjoy himself."

Stanley rolled his eyes, "I'm sure you'll enjoy it too."

"I'd enjoy fucking his mom mor—"

"Beep beep Richie."

*time skip*

It was 1:30pm, the day of the ball, Richie was walking through the school halls between break times when Ben caught up next to him and turned to ask him something, "hey Richie? I need some dating advice."

Richie turned his head to the side to look at Ben before laughing, "oh dear Benjamin.. just because I'm dating Eddie doesn't mean I know how I did it."

"Still, just.. I wanna ask Beverly to the ball."

"Woah, really..? Dude go for it! I can guarantee she'll say yes, for real, do it whilst you still can." Richie smiled, nudging him.

"Are you sure..? How do you know?"

"Just trust me on this one, have I ever lied to you Haystack?"

"Well actuall—"

"Quick! Now go do it! You've only got a few hours left."

And with that Ben was off, disappearing down the hallway to go find Beverly. Richie then saw Eddie and Bill talking near his locker and decided to go over to them, overhearing their conversation as he got closer, "so yeah, we were making out and like it was getting somewhere and then— Oh- hey Rich.." Eddies face began turning bright red as he saw him, hoping he hadn't heard what they were talking about.