Chapter 37

After what happened with Bowers, getting beaten up, Richie started more frequently wearing his newer glasses that he wore when his coke bottle ones broke, the ones that didn't make his eyes look as big and were thinner and black. His bruises had faded a lot within a short amount of time too and Eddie was convinced he started wearing some kind of cologne or some shit because he began smelling really good as well, not that he didn't smell good before, he just smelt like Richie, but now, his scent was way too alluring, along with the hoodies he wore, and Eddie had noticed, so had his dick.

Eddie had started getting random, embarrassing boners around Richie way more than he'd like to admit, just like Richie did for him, but luckily he was good at hiding them so his boyfriend never really realised. It also had been a while since Richie had gotten a haircut and his curls were fluffy and big, nothing out of control though, but Eddie didn't mind, he actually liked it, he really liked it. Richie would always say shit like "sorry I'll get a haircut soon" and Eddie would half-heartedly reply with "just leave it, haircuts are expensive anyways" which was basically another way of him saying 'for the love of god don't cut your hair because I love threading my fingers through it when we kiss and it's really hot and it suits you' but Eddie wasn't about to tell him that.

Girls had also started taking more interest in Richie, which was new (too bad he's gay) and Eddie didn't like it at all. It made Eddie try not to lose it when he'd see groups of girls staring at his boyfriend when he'd walk past them in the halls, even though Richie was too dumb to notice. It wasn't fair, why'd his boyfriend have to be this tall, hot, 5,9 guy, while Eddie was stuck being 5,5 in tenth grade. He kinda missed when Richie wasn't so tall, when they were younger, sure Richie was always taller than Eddie but puberty had hit him like a truck after the age of fourteen, maybe it was something to do with defeating a killer clown that suddenly gave you a growth spurt and some really good cheek bones, but either way Richie was hot, like really hot.

Richie on the other hand, loved how small Eddie was, and everything about him, his little freckles, the way he'd glance to the side whenever he was embarrassed, his soft skin which was significantly more tanned than Richies own and how he just always naturally smelt so good that it made him never wanna let go when they hugged. He also found him incredibly hot even if Eddie didn't think so, sure, he would always call him cute which annoyed the hell out of Eddie but at the same time Richie thought his boyfriend was the hottest person alive, and that wasn't just because he was madly in love with him.

It was a school day and amongst other things,
Richie was walking into his first period class, yawning as he slumped back into his chair. Out of habit, he brought a hand up to adjust his glasses but grimaced in confusion when they weren't there, then suddenly remembered that he was wearing contact lenses for once. He didn't really want to wear them, his dad had kinda just encouraged him to try them out because "they're better to see out of" or some shit like that, Richie wasn't really listening at the time though.

If he was being honest, he preferred his glasses a lot more, one because of how long he had spent in front of the mirror that morning trying get them in and two because of all the funny looks he was getting from his classmates. Richie sighed, and, like the idiot he is, brought a hand up to rub his eye, cursing loudly under his breath when he'd once again forgotten about the contacts.

Yep, this was definitely the last time he took advice from his dad.

"Wow Richie you look so different without your glasses on."