Chapter 22

Eddie and Richie just sat there, not saying a word. "Uhm, Richard.. I just wanted to let you know that you've gotta clean the house tonight.." Wentworth said, glancing at the biology books and then back at him.

Richie didn't say anything, causing Eddie to start to get nervous and fiddle around with the pen below him, he then began gathering his textbooks before shuffling off the bed, "I.. I think I gotta head home now.. but I'll see you tomorrow Rich.." He began heading towards the door, turning to Richie one last time, "bye.." he said quietly, slipping past Wentworth as quickly as he could.

"Richard..?" Wentworth asked, stepping into his room, Richies heart was beating so fast it was almost out of his chest, he stared down at his lap and didn't move, not wanting to believe what had just happened. "Richar—"

"I'm gay."

Silence filled the room, almost so quiet you could hear a pin drop, the sound of Richies heart and shaky breathing being the only thing filling it. "What—"

"I'm gay. There, I said it. I like boys.. is that what you wanted to hear..?"

Wentworth went silent for a moment, not knowing how to respond, "Richie you're not—"

"You literally just saw me kissing Eddie! I don't know how much more proof you fucking want..!"

"Richie, I'm not sure you know what you're saying.. just—"

"No! I'm fucking done with this homophobic town! I'm done with all of this! I'm leaving, fuck you.." Richie then stood up, grabbing his bag and shoving past Wentworth to get out of the door, "Where do you think you're going??"

"Anywhere but here!"

After sprinting down the stairs and out the door as fast as he could, Richie grabbed his bike and rode all the way to Bills house, knocking on the door non-stop until he answered.

Bill opened the door and looked at him, "Richie? What's w-w-wrong?"

"C-could I stay here tonight..? Please?"

Bill immediately nodded, opening the door wider to let him inside before they both headed upstairs to his room. Richie walked in, a little surprised when he saw Stanley sitting on the bed reading a book, "oh Stans here..? I didn't like uhh.. interrupt anything did I?" Richie asked, placing his bag on the floor, "No R-Rich it's fine."

Stanley sighed and put his book down, "well you kinda di—" Bill suddenly coughed very loudly, stopping Stanley from finishing his sentence as he shot him a dirty look, "uhm.. okay.." Richie mumbled, slowly walking over and sitting down at Bills desk.

"So, Richie, why are you here again?" Stanley asked, turning to face him, "well.. I may have accidentally.. uhh.. came out to my dad.." Bill and Stanley stared at him in shock, never thinking in a million years anything like that would ever happen, considering how much Richie tried to hide his sexuality from anyone but the losers club, "h-how do you accidentally c-come out to s-s-someone??"

Richie then went on and told them about how Wentworth had walked in on him and Eddie kissing, and how Richie had kinda just left the house mid-conversation. "No wonder he caught you two.. you're always kissing, i'm honestly surprised it's the first time he's seen it.." Stanley rolled his eyes.

"Hey not always..! Only when Eddies in a good mood.. other wise, I'm as soft as a rock."

"Wait wh—"

"R-Richie that m-m-makes no sense—"

Richie slapped his hands down onto his knees, "But ANYWAYS, please tell me what i'm supposed to do because first of all.. Eddie.. second of all.. my dad."