Chapter 27

It was the next day and all the losers had disbanded to go do their own things for the day, Mike had to end up leaving first to go do some work on the farm and Stanley and Richie had gone to synagogue since it was a Saturday morning and they were both Jewish, which had of course deemed both of them very close for most of their childhoods, apart from the fact that personality wise, they were nothing alike.

Stanley would always roll his eyes at Richie whilst Richie would make more of his stupid obnoxious jokes, but the two of them still understood each other in a way others didn't, considering of course that they were the only Jewish kids, same age, amongst what seemed to be an entirely christian town. Even if Richie was secretly an atheist, he still had to attend synagogue with Stanley because of his parents, and well, that's just the way it was, so Richie would sit there quietly. Sometimes watching as Stanley read from the Torah. Sometimes sitting next to each other in which Richie would whisper stupid shit into his ear just to make Maggie yank his arm to shut him up.

But Stanley didn't mind, even though Richie was downright annoying and an idiot, he was the only decent part about going, not having to be alone there. Stanley would still tell him to "shut the fuck up before I shove the Tora down your throat" but secretly he was thankful for Richies constant jokes and stupidity since it made the already dark town they lived in a little lighter.

"Pssst, Stan? They sliced the tip of your dick off yet?"

Stanley elbowed Richie in response, keeping his eyes focused in front of him, "be quiet Richie."

"Well have they? Cause if so then that's too bad you've got nothing left down there to—"

"Richie I swear to- ... just shut up," Stanley rolled his eyes, even though he wasn't listening to whatever the person upfront was saying anyways. Richie yawned and fiddled with his sleeve, thinking of another annoying thing he could possibly say to wind Stanley up, "you still haven't answered my question, dear noodle head."

Stanley sighed and glanced at him, "you really need to stop with the dick jokes."

"Oh they're not jokes."

"So you're saying what your boyfriend told me was true?"

"Wh—"

"Eddie said you have a dick the size of—"

"What???!!"

Richies words came out louder than expected, causing everyone to go silent for a second before the speaking returned, Maggie shot him a dirty look, and Richie just looked away uncomfortably, considering he was on pretty bad terms with his mom right now because of the whole coming out thing. His dad was okay with it and had actually been supporting him a lot surprisingly, but his mom on the other hand found it disgusting and he often heard them arguing over it in the kitchen, his mom saying how it wasn't normal and that they should do something about it.

Richie didn't mind though, he had other people around him who loved him and cared for him (aka the losers club) so he just shrugged it off and got on with his day.

On the way back from Bills house, Eddie picked up another prescription from the pharmacy before heading back home, passing by the horrible memories of the house on Neibolt street along the way as per usual. But it was okay now, pennywise was gone.

Right?

He opened the door to his house and stepped inside, quietly shutting it behind him, "oh Eddie-bear you're home!" Sonia called from the chair she usually sat in, "are you okay? Have you been taking your pills? How was the ball?"

"Yes Ma.. and the ball was.. fine.." he mumbled, placing the new prescription down on the cabinet near the stairs, also pulling out his pills (that he obviously didn't take) from his fanny pack and putting those down too. He then walked upstairs to his room and closed the door behind him, throwing his fanny pack on the floor before sitting down on his bed.