Chapter 33

"Richie?" Eddie called, knocking on the bathroom door.

After not hearing a response, he tried the handle, fuck, it was locked, figures. "Richie come on, are you okay? What happened back there..?"

No response again, at this point he honestly thought Richie might've passed out or even died in there, causing him to start to panic, "Richie come on open the door, Rich, I need to know if you're fine, Richie, I swear to—"

He was cut off when the door swung open and Richie walked out, wiping his mouth with the back of his wrist, "I'm fine.." Richie reassured him, beginning to head back in the general direction of the others, Eddie grabbed his arm to stop him. "Are you..? You smell like puke Rich.." he said, a soft concerned expression on his face, "gee thanks Ed's, no shit.."

Eddie frowned up at him and tugged lightly on his shirt, "hey don't get mad, I'm just trying to help, wanna tell me why you threw up? Did you drink too much or what?"

"No, of course not."

"Then what? Are you gonna tell me?"

Richie pulled his arm away and started walking again, "I just felt sick.. I'm fine now, don't worry about it."

Eddie shook his head and jogged a little to catch up to him, starting to get annoyed now because he knew it was more than just 'I felt sick', he saw the look in Richies eyes, saw the fear, saw it was caused by something specific that Richie didn't wanna talk about for some reason. "Why can't you just tell me the truth huh?" Eddie walked faster, trying to get in front of him so that he'd stop, at this point they had gotten back to the general place where everyone else was, the other losers all turning their heads as they watched the couple walk out from the hallway.

"Eddie I'm—" Richie sucked in a deep breath, finally stopping when Eddie stepped right in front of him, "I'm telling you the truth okay..? Stop making this a big deal.."

"No you're not, you're not now and you haven't been this whole time, just admit it alright? You read that book didn't you, thats how you found out about the party isnt it," Eddie looked up at him with wide eyes, waiting for a response, hoping it wasn't the one he thought he'd get. Richie opened his mouth to speak but Eddie interrupted him again, lifting a hand up as he did, "and don't you dare reply with one of your stupid jokes Richie because I swear to god—"

Richie stared down at him, wondering whether or not to just run for his life now or stick around and possibly be murdered by his own boyfriend.

"I uh.." Richie mumbled, his voice small, seeing the look in Eddies eyes, "maybe.. I might've read it.."

"You fucking dick!" Eddie spat.

"But I only read a little! I didn't read the whole thing I swear! And I'm really sorr—"

"Fuck you! You knew I didn't want you reading that! And so what, you go and read it anyway? What the fuck Richie!"

"Ed's come on I'm sorry—"

"No don't call me Ed's okay?! And now you still won't tell me why you threw up or what's wrong so can you please just be honest with me for once Richie??" Eddie looked mad, and when Eddie Kaspbrak was mad he was mad, which was why Richie stared down at him with wide eyes, opening his mouth to speak but being cut off when Bill suddenly came over to them.