Part 6

Today's Valentine's day and of course, we have school. I honestly don't wanna go. I've been trying to ignore Bronny but all freshmen have to meet in the gym today so it'll be harder to ignore him. It's about 6 a.m. now and I just got a text from my Mom.

Mom💜
We're on the way home.
Should be back before school
is over.
Read

I shut off my phone and got up to take a shower and do my regular morning routine. As I was brushing my teeth after my shower, my door bell rung. Who the fuck- "I'm coming!" I yelled downstairs and grabbed my bat from my closet. I wasn't expecting anyone and I'm not tryna die so I go down the stair slowly. When I look through the peep hole, no one's there. I get in position, holding my bat, and slowly open the door. No one's there but there's a white rose and a note on the doorstep. I slowly picked it up.

Today's a special day. This will all begin with a treat, lead to where we would first meet.
-Bronny

I smiled and shut the door going upstairs to get ready. I'm still mad at them, and this changes nothing. But im curious so I'll go along with his plan. I finish and grab my bags and stuff and head out the door to where we first met. Our schools main office. I got there and the Secretary handed me another note and white rose.

I know you love to eat. But this is where they make beats!

I read the note and the first place I thought of was the bad room, so that's where I went. The note and rose was on the snare drum.

You're not so easy to trick. But go meet a man named Rick.

Rick? I thought about it for a minute and realized that's the custodian who works the science building. I walked over and by thus time, there was the whole school following me. He smiled and handed me the note and white rose. "Good luck!" I smiled and opened it.

Me and you like to ball, go to where we release it all.

That was obvious so I walked to the gym with cameras on me from every possible angle. I walked into Gym B and there was all the boys varsity basketball players lined up with roses. They each handed me one and I walked down a isle made of rose peddles. Once I got to the end. There stood Zaire, Brandon, and Dylan each with a sign reading "be my Valentine" and Bronny came from behind them with more flowers.
"Baylee, I've made a lot of mistakes. I know you saw the video, everyone did. But I swear it wasn't like that. Please, give me a chance. Be mine?"
I looked down and laughed. I nodded my head yes and hugged him. He walked behind the bleachers and pulled out a cart full of Valentines gifts. "Bronny- I can't take all of that." "I didn't ask." He wheeled the cart over to me and surrounded me with the bags as he unloaded the cart.

Today was an interesting day.