Part 8

Bronny's POV
We were sitting in Baylee's hospital room. It was silent; the only noise was the machine tracing her heart beat. Beep...beep...beep
Her mom hasn't talked not once since she got in here. She just holds Baylee's hand and cries. I don't blame her, we all were crying. All we could think about was what the doctor said.
Flashback
The doctor approached the room. He had a sad expression on his face. Everyone stood up. "The other girl involved in the crash is okay. She just got out of surgery and is expected to make a full recovery." There was a sigh of relief for MiKayla. "But..." Everyone tensed at that but, because we didn't know what was next. "Baylee isn't doing well. She lost lots of blood and well, im sorry to say this, we're only predicting her to be alive another 12-24 hours." I froze. I just made her mine, I can't lose her. I tried not to cry in front of Zhuri, Bryce, my mom or dad. But I couldn't. I walked over to her Mom and Dad and we hugged and cried. After a while, we sat down. I walked over to Zhuri, who was also crying, and held her.
End of flashback
3 HOURS LATER
I was sitting on the bed beside Baylee when I heard the machine go
Beeeeeeeeeepppppppp
And a straight line went across. At that moment, I lost the love of my life. Her Mom stood up and started screaming and crying. I looked down at her and stroked her cheek, tears ran down my face as I admired her beauty for one of the last times. My Dad walked up and pulled me into a hug. Again, everyone in the room was crying. Her Dad went and grabbed a doctor and he walked in. He pronounced her dead and apologized because he couldn't fix it. That's when they unplugged the heart monitor. He walked out and gave us a minute to grieve. Her Mom sat back down and held Kaylee's hand. I walked to the window to try to zone out a little bit. To ease the pain.
Baylee's POV
I woke up in a hospital bed. My Mom and Dad on one side; Bronny, Bryce, Zhuri, Mr. and Mrs. James on the other. I looked at my Mom who was crying and holding my hand. Since nobody was looking at me, I squeezed her hand. She didn't move. So I tried Again. Nothing. I even stood up. And when I looked on the bed, my body. I looked at the paperwork and read "Patient pronounced dead at 3:45 PM" this made no sense. "Mom. Mom, I'm here." No one heard me. I ran over to Bronny. "B! Look! Its me." He didn't move, he just cried. I even walked to Mr. and Mrs. James. "Mr. James! Look at me!" I tapped his shoulder but he stayed hugging Savannah and crying. I tapped everybody, nothing. Was I a spirit? When I looked at the door, there stood Mrs. Jacobs. "Mrs. Jacobs? I thought you passed away-" she smiled and walked toward me. "I did. And do did you." She grabbed my hand but I snatched it away. "I- I cant be." She pulled me into a hug and then pulled off. "You're right. It's not your time. Go back. We'll be here when you're called back home." She smiled and faded into the light. I lied back down and tried again.
I squeezed her hand. Her head shot up. As soon as she realized I was awake, her eyes went wide. She screamed "MY BABY! SHE'S ALIVE!" Everyone ran to my side and doctors ran in. They stopped when they saw me with my eyes open. "Impossible-" everyone looked at me shocked. They checked my pulse, blood work, vital signs, etc. "It's a miracle!" The male nurse just stood at the foot of the bed and I looked at the doctor. "You were pronounced dead. Your heart stopped. H-how is this possible?!" The doctors did a dew tests and walked out. As soon as they did, Bronny was at my side. "You're alive!" He smiled bigger than I ever seen him. "I can't leave yet. It's not my time." Everyone came to my bed and we had a big group hug. I had them set Zhuri on the bed with me. She was crying. "Don't cry baby. Im okay!" She nodded her head and I grabbed her to hug her. And we sat like that until she fell asleep on my lap.