Part 9

I've been tossing and turning all night. They're keeping me in the hospital could keep a close watch on me. Bronny is on the couch sleeping, and I'm watching TV. I was watching Basketball Wives when the Night Nurse came in "Hey. Just coming to check on you." I smiled as she came in and checked my vitals. "How come you're not asleep?" I looked at the nurse as she was writing everything down. "Rough night. I can't stop thinking about the fact I died...and just came back to life." The nurse looked at me sympathetically. "I couldn't imagine what that feels like. But it's best if you get some rest. But while you're awake, you want something to eat or drink?" I nodded my head "a bottle of water would be fine" she smiled and walked out the room.

I turned my head and looked out the window into the night sky. It looked beautiful outside. Stars shinning bright, a full moon. A stunning sight. I then noticed Bronny staring at me. "Did I wake you up?" He sat up and grabbed his phone "nah. The nurse did." I realized he probably heard me tell the nurse I was scared and I tried to ignore what he said. "Baylee. We're not about to act like you didn't just say you're scared." I looked over smiled at him, and opened my arms. He got the hint, grabbed his phone, and walked over to my bed. He sat down and rapped his arm around me. "I got you. Nothing's gonna take you away from me again." I smiled and looked into his eyes. We both leaned in for a subtle yet passionate kiss. We pulled away and I turned my attention to the TV. A few moments later, the nurse came back with 2 bottles of water. "I figured he might want one when he woke- oh you're already awake! She handed me and Bronny a bottle of water and walked out. Eventually, we both fell asleep.

3 days later

It's finally time for me to go home and im more ready than ever. Some of my family are coming over later today along with some friends as a "welcome home party". When I opened the door, MiKayla was standing in the center of my living room. I haven't seen her since the crash so I ran and jumped in her arms. "I'm so happy you're okay!" She said as we both cried. I pulled away from the hug and smiled at her "I wouldn't be able to live with myself if you didn't make it through that crash." We pulled eachother back into a hug and stayed like that for a few minutes as everyone else mingled and talked. After our forever long hug, we went to the backyard where they were grilling and swimming in the pool. "Kayla, you wanna swim?" I smiled at her excitedly "i didn't bring a swim suite" she looked at me confused. "Bitch- you can wear one of mine." I face palmed myself and drug her upstairs. "Guess who's also coming!" I said smiling at her "Bronny?" I stopped what I was doing and looked at her "well duh. But Mikey" her face turned red. Mikayla has had a crush on Mikey Williams since middle school. So it was my job, as her bestfriend, to get them together! I pulled out a light blue bikini "you HAVE to wear this!" She looked at me shocked "I- i don't know." "Well. Just try it on. I swear it looks better on than it does off." She grabbed the bathing suite and went into the bathroom to change while I stayed in the room. When she came back, she had on this:

"First off, you look wayyy better in that than me- second, whatcha think? Are you gonna wear it

"First off, you look wayyy better in that than me- second, whatcha think? Are you gonna wear it...?" I gave her a devious smile.."i think so..." She said as she looked at it in my vanity mirror. "You wearing that?" She asked giving me that same smile. "Probably." I said laughing at her. I had her man sure it looked okay from the back and we walked downstairs and to the pool.
Baylee's swim suite:

By the time we got back downstairs, Bronny and Mikey were here and they were hanging out by the grill

By the time we got back downstairs, Bronny and Mikey were here and they were hanging out by the grill. I walked over and gave him a kiss on the cheek and went with Mikayla to the Pool House to get the floats, water guns, towels,  and pool ball.

Bronnys POV
"Yo who's that girl helping Baylee?" Mikey asked as he walked over to me. 
"That's MiKayla. Her best friend." Mikey looked at her again "Yo she bad as fuck!" I laughed at how he said it "she likes you too. Let's help them grab this stuff." I said as I walked away laughing.

Back to Baylee

I was pulling out a box that had the towels when I felt a sting on my butt. "Ow fuck!" I turned around and Bronny was standing there laughing. I did a slight laugh and pushed him. "That hurt" I said as I held my butt. I tried to start back grabbing the stuff when Bronny grabbed my arm and pointed. "Wait. I think he's about to make a move." I smiled when I looked and saw Mikey and Kayla grabbing things and setting them to the side. Mikayla struggled to pull out a heavier box so Mikey stepped in. "Here. I'll grab that." He smiled at Mikayla and she backed up letting him take the box out. After a minute, everything was out and we began taking it to the pool.

Everybody swam around playing when me, Bronny, Mikey, and MiKayla decided to play with the water guns. We filled them up and it was girls against boys. We went to the grassy area so we didn't slip in the pool or wet anyone who wasn't playing and we started shooting. Me and MiKayla were running and finally found somewhere to take cover. We were thinking of a plan when we were both picked up, ran to the pool, and thrown in. "Bronny! That's not fair!" I said laughing. "How isn't it?" He said helping me out as Mikey helped MiKayla. "Because. Y'all can pick us up. We can't pick up y'all" MiKayla responded, thumping Mikey in the head. I laughed as we took off running to get our guns.