Love

After delivery

I was laying on the bed with my legs still I'm the stern ups. Zack was sitting next to me holding my hand. "You did great baby." He pushed my bangs out of my face. One of the babies was laying on a little baby bed with a blanket over it until a nurse pushed it away.

The doctors were taking a long time looking at the other baby. Zack just sat there tears streaming down his face. I reached up and wiped one of them away. "I'm sorry." I cried to him.

"Baby, you don't have to apologize." He kissed my hand.

"Alexis?" The nurse walked over with a bundle of blanket in her hands.

"Yeah."

"It looks like your baby boy made it." She smiled.

"That's great." Zack stood up and hugged me.

"Dad would you like to hold her?" Zack smiled and took the baby. I couldn't stop crying.

"Would you want to hold her?" He smiled at me.

"Yes." he put the small baby boy in my arms. I started crying.

"Baby, don't cry." He kissed my head.

The baby started crying which just made me cry even harder. The nurse came and took the baby from me to get it dressed.

"Baby. I heard you did great sorry I couldn't get out of work till now, how are you doing." My mom waked in holding some flowers and a candy bar.

"Mom the baby boy didn't die."

"That's great!" She hugged Zack "that's wonderful where's my grandson?" Zack pointed to the corner of the room where there was only one nurse.

The doctor came in and put my legs down from the stern ups. "Congratulations on the baby I'm happy for you that he made it sorry for my mistake." He patted my shoulder.

"It's okay." I said and he walked out of the room.

"Hunny would you like to have your baby go to the nursery?" She said holding the baby.

"No it's okay. Can my mom hold her?"

"Yeah." she said handing the baby to my mom. Than she left

"Baby will you come lay with me while I sleep I'm really tired."

"Yes baby." he laid down next to me.

I woke up the next morning and Zack was holding and feeding the baby next to me.

"Morning beautiful did you sleep okay?" He nudged me.

"Yeah I did thanks."

"He's so beautiful." The baby started crying. "Do you want to feed him?" He said handing me the baby.