P R O L O G U E

Softly pushing up her round-framed glasses to sit them better on her nose bridge while holding a couple of thick books close to her chest and a school bag hung across the shoulder. Her dark brown locks bound into a decent ponytail, wearing a shirt under a cardigan and pleated skirt to pair up, knee-high socks with grey shoes for finishing. Nova entered her homeroom of highschool final year.

Her typical self surely did earn a good amount of attention and the apprehension of beginning high school in a different place away from home was already consuming her up. She decided not to get intimidated but such stares and proceed on her way.

This was the first time she had ever left her mother and moved to the metropolis to carry on with her studies.

It was her mother's notion actually. Her mother single-handedly raised an empire in business along with raising Nova with lots of care and affection.
She was so comfortable with her mother that she never bothered to make friends with anyone.

She dressed nothing like this generation kid would do. One explanation she saved for herself is the simple reason that she finds her style of clothing to be more comfortable.

Nova had apparently seen those dark days they both have been through before her mother could bold up and walk them up the hill to what they are now.
Her mother is a percipient woman and was always thoughtful towards her.
She is aware of Nova's introversion and insecurities, resulting in taking the best care of her.

Yet she always believed that Nova needed exposure to the world outside and to people of the age as her.
But it was an overwhelming surprise to her mother when she instantly considered her proposal of moving to a different city for studies.

Upon her mother's plea, here she is, among new walls and fresh faces. Living in a shared apartment, with her housemate still unknown, trying her best to survive individually in this city. Things were just beginning and yet she has this urge to run back home.

Hoping to make atleast one genuine friend, she sat at an empty desk, somewhere after few seats from the front. Strong gazes pierced her and yes, she did sense them but just preferred to ignore and concentrate more on a scratch that's dented on her table, it looked pretty old and worn out.

"Umm... Hey, new one?" A soft yet, confident voice tore her concentration from the scratch. A girl wearing a short skirt that hung till the mid of her light caramel tone thighs, knocked on Nova's table. Adjusting her glasses she perked up at the unfamiliar figure that bore a simple smile, while her eyes twinkled.