T H I R T E E N

I've been struggling with the zipper of my Navy blue lace cocktail dress for about 10 minutes now. As I always go for T-shirts or button-up shirts, I never realised that my hands are this short. From tomorrow I better practise some arms stretching Yoga poses.

"Nova, is this fine?" A gasp left my lips and I immediately turned around to hide my naked back from him. He looked up after rolling his shirt sleeve for one fold.

"That's your outfit for today?" He nodded at my question. It was a plain black T-shirt with a  unbuttoned camo shirt on top and sage green cargo pants pairing with that. "Tae, this is a classy party and you dressed up like you're about to go hunting in the forest."

He didn't speak a word but began walking further into my room, towards me. I shuddered slightly as I took a step back as he continued to approach me. "Need some help?"

"Huh?" I didn't quite catch that.

"I mean, with your dress." He pointed at the mirror behind me and I gasped on realizing that the mirror was actually behind me all this while. Immediately I turned and pressed my back to the wall, as I almost turned red from embarrassment.

"I don't see you coming to the party if you won't let me help you with that." He chuckled. I just can't turn around and expose my almost naked back to him. I would die from humiliation. I was lost in my thoughts when I felt a sudden pull and my body just twirled around and before I could comprehend. I felt his hand at the small of my back before the zip was being slid up.

"There. I'll go change now." He patted my shoulder before disappearing out of my room.

...

It urged so badly to compliment him that he's now in his black linen suit with few delicate shimmering designs on either side of his coat sleeves. I don't know how he got the idea to part his hair at the side but that's a killer. Something is surely wrong with me, I'm showing more interest than a friend should and that's not at all safe for my heart.