One: The Dream

Norah

I kissed my father on the cheek as I retreated to my shack. "Goodnight, dad," I gushed and he turned to kiss my cheek.

"Goodnight, sweetheart," he smiled sweetly.

I made my way into my shack and started getting ready for bed. We were a rather large pack of rogues. Rogues aren't the type to stay in packs but we're different and I don't really know why.

As I finished getting ready for bed, I took my shoes off and got into my bed. If you could even call it that. It was an uncomfortable matress on the floor with blankets on top of it.

It took a while to be able to fall asleep but soon enough, I was able to.

*

I woke up, feeling different. The matress under me wasn't uncomfortable like I was used to. I had the best sleep that I've had my whole life. However, I picked up a different scent. One that didn't smell like home.

Then it dawned on me. I wasn't home, and this wasn't my room. The room looked like one I've never seen before. It wasn't dirty and small like mine and it smelled clean. The walls were a light gray color and stain free. I was laying on a king sized bed. The covers matched the walls.

I peeled the covers away from my body and scrambled out of the bed. I spotted a long mirror on the wall and went to look at my reflection. My eyebrows furrowed. I looked...healthy. My face was dirt free. The bags that usually hung under my eyes were gone. My hair wasn't a tangled mess. My forest green eyes weren't dull like they always were. I actually looked rather...

Pretty.

I knock echoed throughout the room and a lady walked in. She looked to be in her late thirties. She was holding a tray with what looked to be food on it. She set it down on the dresser that was next to the mirror.

"Eat up, Norah," she said sweetly and I furrowed my brows.

"How do you know my name?" I asked her and she laughed. My eyebrows furrowed even more. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, sweetheart," she wiped a fake tear from her eye. "You're hilarious. I'm Olivia. Your aunt Olivia."

Aunt? Last time I checked I didn't have any relatives. I only had my dad.

"Where am I?" I asked and Olivia laughed again. She stopped when I gave her a serious look.

"You're being serious, dear?" She asked. Why wouldn't I be serious. I've all of a sudden woken up in a place I've never been in before.

I nodded and she looked concerned. "Sweetheart, you're home. Where else would you be?"

"This isn't my home. I don't live here," I told her and she made a move to feel my forehead. I moved back before she could place her hand on it.

"Sweetie, are you alright? Do you feel sick? I could get your mother-"

"No- wait. Mother?" My mother was dead.

"Yes, your mother," she said.

"I don't have a mother." I told her and she gasped.