II.

I made it to Manhattan in exactly 30 minutes and parked inside of the building's underground garage before entering my apartment through the back door. Jay was a stickler about being on time, so I wasn't surprised to hear heavy knocking at the door when I came inside. I took deep breathes along with my strides and, in a way, prepped myself to put on the persona of mine only Jay knew of .. a single, 30-some female with a great paying job looking for a man to match her fly, with no kids attached.

With the sound of the locks turning, his knocking stopped. I pulled the door open with ease and smiled a cheeky smile once I saw him on the other side. Once he stepped forward, our lips met for a deep kiss; "Hi my love .." I mumbled in the nape of his neck once our kiss was complete. Lovingly, our arms wrapped around one another and we swayed slightly, enjoying the moment. His affection was definitely something that attracted me to him immediately and with me not getting any at home, Jay became my new drug of choice.

How we met went something similar to your average love story .. I was minding my business at this new bar named Blu with Blake in tow when he spotted me from across the room. I ignored his glances and continued to focus on my own shitty life and marriage with Idris. When one drink slowly turned into three, he made his way over me and began spitting game about how beautiful I looked and if we could hang out sometime. I was feeling really bold and dug deep within the depths of my subconscious and said "yes, I'd love to."
Our date took place the following night and to my surprise we meshed so well, it was a bit scary; where had he been all my life?

"It's so good to see you ma .., I thought I was going to be spending my night all alone." He spoke once we separated and made our way toward the kitchen.

"So did I

"So did I. I'm really glad you called."

Before replying, he placed plastic containers of food on the counter then stood behind me to play with the seam of my pants; "I'm really glad you answered. It feels like lately we haven't been spending as much time together than we usually do. I guess that's what I'll have to deal with when dating one of New York's bests surgeon's."

I stayed silent in thought as he placed a round of light pecks on the border of my collarbone. Although work was my main excuse for him, you & I both know the real reason I wasn't around. I admit it is hard to balance this double life that I'm living and honestly I don't even know how to bring both worlds into one, but I do know that my state of euphoria will have to come to end very soon.

"You good?" Jay voiced

"Yeah just, don't think I can stand on my feet any longer." Did I mention that my lifestyle of choice was also extremely exhausting? Mess.

I undid his arms from around my waist then took a seat at the counter. "So what's apart of this dinner you've planned?"

He shrugged lightly, "A few dishes from the best Jamaican spot over in Queens. I know you aren't that fond of spicy shit, so I didn't get anything with too much kick." Out of boredom, we shared another kiss before he began separating the various platters. I moaned as the aroma of Caribbean spices filled my nostrils and I allowed my mouth to water as he made our individual plates.