V.

Beyoncé

Glancing out of the spacious window in the doctor's suite, I took a long sip of my morning Tazo passion tea and reflected on the previous shift

Glancing out of the spacious window in the doctor's suite, I took a long sip of my morning Tazo passion tea and reflected on the previous shift. With my students by my side, we made it through the night with no major issues - besides that unfortunate trauma patient who urgently needed my assistance.

"Tea time without me? Seriously? You whore." Blake groaned as she stepped beside me, distrusting my time alone. My eyes slanted toward her direction and she looked at me with a silly expression.

"Night went well?" I asked the break the ice.

"Surprisingly," she exclaimed "Great job on that trauma by the way!"

"Thank you babe, but please, no applause." She knew I hated to be recognized for my due diligence as a surgeon, but when you love what you do and continue to fuel that passion, people can't help but admire you.

"Did your uh, situation get squared away?" She asked in an curious tone. Before responding, I threw my tea away and thought about what truth I should tell her while washing my hands.

"Yeah he was just stopping by..."

"At your place of work? What a bold side piece .." She mumbled the last portion. I chucked my moist paper towel at her head and she cursed me clean out.

"Don't call him that! He was just checking in on me."

"And that's all fine & dandy, but imagine him going to the nurses station asking for his girlfriend, Dr. Knowles!?"

I sighed, "I know.. it was a risky move."

"So I ask again-"

"Blake seriously, it was nothing. I'll go see him today to shut him up." She sighed and fiddled with her cup while we had a moment of silence. "In other news though, Aaliyah and I finally talked about her feelings surrounding this fucked up marriage." I continued

"Oo!" Blake voiced before giving me her undivided attention, "Was she sad? Upset?"

I quickly shook my head no, "She actually wants me to divorce her dad who, by the way, hasn't been home the past two days."

She fanned her hand in a careless motion, "That's irrelevant news, but I'm glad you two finally sat down and talked everything out. I wish I was as mature as she was.."

I couldn't help but laugh, "Don't we all."

"Idris drove her to school?" Blake inquired.

"No. She's over her friend Rue's house."

"That girl in the burgundy hoodie?"

"Bingo."

"They hang around a lot, don't you think?"