XXIX.

Beyoncé - Two Months Later

"If these kids press on my bladder one more damn time

"If these kids press on my bladder one more damn time.." I complained after having the urge to urinate at 2 in the morning. I groaned the whole time once my butt connected with the frozen toilet, then rubbed my stomach in a circular motion in hopes to calm down the chaos inside. Making it to five months for me was a gift and curse. While I was beyond blessed to be carrying so well with minimal complications, I constantly felt like the twins were running out of space. My bump was more noticeable at this point and I found myself taking more breaks than usual at work to simply catch my breath. Blake was so generous with her daily back rubs and essential oil diffuser in our suite as she praised that it'll make sure I was free of stress at all times. In the surgical aspect, I decreased my workload to one case a day and had my budding resident handle the not so serious cases until I was back on my feet. Yet even though this small break was a nice touch, my team fully understood that no obstacle would hinder me from getting the job done.

When the coast was clear, I wiped myself with a bit of difficulty since it was getting harder each day, then flushed the toilet and washed my hands before heading back to bed.

"When did you get up?" Jay spoke, barely audible as he tossed in his sleep.

"It seems like every minute. Your spawns are driving me crazy!" I admitted before adjusting my pregnancy pillow in attempt to find a comfortable position. "I honestly don't think I can do this for four more months.." I added with a deep sigh. My body was foreign to each aspect of this pregnancy, mainly because it'd been such a wide gap since giving birth to Aaliyah. She gave less trouble in the span of nine months and only put a few pounds on my curvy figure .. unlike these two who caused my weight to sky rocket so quickly! Not to mention, my breast were constantly tender and I experienced the endless urge to eat everything in sight, all while going through a vicious cycle of rapid mood signs. Soon enough, I was going to loose my mind.

"Stop thinking. You're too quiet which only means your flipping out in your head; we're almost to the finish line." Jay mumbled. I looked up at him and felt jealous that he could sleep so peacefully, but chose to silent my complaints since nothing good was to come about.

Without even asking, he turned slightly on his side and placed his hand on my bump; right away the twins decreased their kicks as if their dad had some Godly power I was incapable of channeling. Lately, his touch was the only thing that put me sleep, and when he started out with slow circles, I felt my body grow weaker by the minute. Yet when he came home too late or did not spend the night, I was the most uncomfortable and ready to jump out of my skin.

Not too long after, sleep defeated me and I didn't wake up until 8am .. thanks to my trusted alarm clock. Per usual, Jay was up out of bed before me, so I took my time to get situated and ready for work. There was no surprise that my pants could no longer go past my waist, nor that my scrub top could cover my stomach fully, so I opted for a long sleeve grey undershirt with a good quality stretch material to finish my look. My aching feet were in no mood for the sometime suffocating Dankso clogs so instead my black, VaporMax Flyknit sneakers were the next best option. I then wet my curls and added a sleek & shine leave-in conditioner so that I was able to pass as somewhat presentable.