XXVIII.

Jay

I tossed my phone on the couch cushion beside me, still pissed that no text from B had came through

I tossed my phone on the couch cushion beside me, still pissed that no text from B had came through. We had big plans today and I was too anxious to wait around .. plus, being stuck in this house alone for the past two weeks was killing my mood. I glanced at my watch and witnessed the big hand move to 1 before releasing a deep sigh; thirty minutes till I was allotted the chance to see my girl.

After our last argument, she decided it was best we take a small pause in our relationship. I, of course, was most upset about the decision, but I had to respect her wishes and pray that we'd be together once again. We only kept lines of communication through text where I would check up on her periodically throughout the day, even though she would barely respond. I understood her reasoning was due to my self centered behavior and overbearing mother and knew I had to nip both factors in the butt for us to prosper. Yet if I'm being honest, the thought of stepping out the game is a tough call. This has been my lifeline since a youngin' .. running the streets yet still keeping my head in the books to survive. A part of me feels like I fell off when things started to get real with Beyoncé; I decreased distribution, barely visited the warehouse, and chose to spend nights all over her! As a result, I became too exposed and too easy to reach which is why the shooting happened the way it did. The night was simple in the beginning, but we got word too late niggas' was after me and wasn't well prepared for the small warehouse raid. Nasir & the others defended me as much as they could, but when I spilled up on pulling the trigger at the right time, the bullet pierced through my chest with no remorse. Those cowards ran as fast as they could but my boys got me gathered till Beyoncé showed up; to this day I'm so grateful she answered that phone.

Nasir followed through on his promise and slayed the whole crew one by one, making sure he left the scene spotless. I was ready to pay him accordingly but he insisted that this was the least he could do to protect his brother. We were due to revise our game plan on how to toughen up and comeback strong, but with this ultimate Beyoncé gave me hanging over my head, I wasn't sure what move to make.

The feeling of vibration broke my thoughts and I grabbed my phone with quickness to see who it was. When I read Beyoncé's name, I jumped to feet and slid on my sneakers to head down to the garage. She didn't spot me right way so I took my time to stare at her beauty. She held a fresh face and let her honey blonde layers fall down her back. For clothing, she kept it simple with a fitted black v-neck tee and faded distressed jeans with the pair of Yeezy 'Beluga''s I bought. The outline of her stomach caught my eye right away and I swore she had the cutest baby bump. She waited by her own car since I begged that we'd drive to the appointment together and finally stared into my eyes when I blocked her view.

"Hey!" I said, overly excited to be in her presence. Right away, I snaked my hands around her waist and pulled her body closer to mine.

"Hi Jay." She spoke with no variation in her tone. Her arms held me loosely but I didn't care about her lack of affection; holding the person I've missed so much had me feeling some type of way.