XXVII.

Beyoncé

"Dr. High's office?" A friendly voice said to me over the phone. I turned the volume in my car down slightly and asked if I could speak to Brooke right away; this sonogram had to be playing tricks on me.

"Brooke! It's Beyoncé!" I exclaimed once she picked up her phone.

"I assume you've seen the photos?!" She asked after a moment of silence.

"Are you sure? I mean like really, really sure there are two babies in this body?" I asked in disbelief.

Brooke couldn't help but laugh at my strange behavior before responding; "Yes, did you think I increased your prenatal vitamins for fun?"

I rolled my eyes in a playful manner as if she could see me; no wonder why my morning sickness was worse than before. "I thought that it was odd, but still .. what the hell am I going to do with twins!?"

"Well, I'm planning for you to carry full term. I know there will be some hiccups along the way but I will do everything in my power to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. Since dad wasn't present, by the next visit I'd love for him to be there so that I thoroughly explain the process overall."

"Right, .." I trialed off my response as my anxiety began to grow. She reiterated the date and time of the appointment before we parted ways, and I blew out a breath as while waiting impatiently at the red light. When it flashed to green, I drove more aggressively toward my next destination; luckily I found a spot right at the coffee shop entrance. Getting out and locking the doors, I made my way inside of the packed location. I spotted Blake right away and she waved her long arm in the air, making a bright smile as our eyes met.

"Well don't you look very laid back today!" She exclaimed after we initiated a warm hug.

"Trying to be, but my mind is making me feel otherwise." I said in a quiet tone of voice.

"Still trying to make things better for you and Jay?" She asked once we took our seats at the industrial style table

"Somewhat," I said with a sigh. "Am I happy that he's alive and on the road to recovery? Absolutely! It's just the aftermath that's concerning me. Yesterday he revealed that if he were to get into a situation like this again and die, it would just happen."

Blake made a slight gasp, "No he didn't!"

I scoffed in disbelief about the situation as well. "It pissed me off so bad, Blake. He can go through this pain and know what I've endured to say he'd put himself back into this situation again, knowing the outcome!"

Blake nodded her head in praise, "You have every right to be upset; it's selfish behavior."

I let out a deep sigh, "Selfish may be a harsh term, but I do feel that he definitely isn't taking my feelings into consideration."